The Jam Thread

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by Didds, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Didds

Didds Well-Known Member

I'd imagine some variation of this thread exists somewhere buried under countless others. Though I've seen that it's not taken too kindly when a dead thread is revived

Anyway, I had the idea of a place where we can just share clips of us jamming. This could help reduce any form of GAS we may have by reducing our self esteem as guitarists and making us want to sell all our instruments...
    We could even hold a competition of sorts where we grab a backing track from YouTube and play over it so we can vote on who we thought did the best job. I'd really love to see how skilled my fellow ETSG members are.

I'd kick it off with a clip of my own but my sound equipment currently only consists of my beaten to **** iPhone and a Marshall MG10 :(

Gillean and Logan like this.
  2. Gillean

Gillean Well-Known Member

I`m all in for the same backing track and everyone saving a clip playing it, not too much on the competition thing.

great idea man. btw, I only use my cellphone too for videos and sometimes I get better recording than with actual micing the amp haha, fear not, press rec, play and have fun!

3. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

IMO playing music is not about competition. Save that for sports.
    But I think it is a great idea to have a thread for posting clips if others want to share.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  4. Scootermuppet

Scootermuppet Well-Known Member

Well, if we had a competition I'd get a prize :cool:

.... The Wooden Spoon! :rofl:

+1 for a sharing place tho, I might even give you all a laugh and record some of my playing...

IMG_0683.JPG

5. Tom Sullivan

Tom Sullivan Active Member

Competitive events give me a huge ego boost because when I'm competing musically, everyone else suddenly realizes they're not as bad as me so I usually receive several "Thank you for keeping us far from the bottom" comments

And - this inspires me to post more videos of songs with my SG however - and because I like everyone here - I will delete the audio tracks so none of you will experience the pain and total anguish resulting from exposure to harshly demented examples of my audio carnage

So, yeah, you're all very welcome
    ;)

I think Audio Carnage may be the name of my next band . . . hmmmm . . .

jtcnj likes this.
  6. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

My sentiments as well, but I'm all for hearing the players play.