The Les Paul thread

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Logan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. belleswell

belleswell Active Member

First let me say I'm a very infrequent visitor here. I may only show up a few times a year, so my logins
    are few and far between, and my posts even more so. Your comment was very rude and I've not been back to the forum since you made it.

I reviewed my posts that I started, especially ones that I spent considerable time on with bunches of pics and guess what I found.

I found that you had not replied once to posts of mine, with the exception of my intro thread. Some of these took considerable time to put together. For one with over 11000 posts, It's a fair guess that you saw these threads and chose not to comment. So the comment you made about "making the forum better" could be aptly applied to you. These threads I started were filled with pics, and not one comment from you.

Lack of comments to threads I've started is a great way to ensure I won't post more, including pics.

It feels like a high count guy bullying the small count guy. I know that after reading what you said a few months ago, I've not been back to the forum. I just wanted to thank you for that.

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I think that posting here just to say that if you don't get cheers and prosternations, you're not interested in participating in this forum, is nothing to make members like what you have to say or engage in a constructive conversation with you.

The ball is in your camp, no one's else.

3. DrBGood

Two words (complemented with an image) for a two minute solution to your problem: Scotch Brite

scotch-brite-4x6-4nos-in-a-packet-500x500.jpg

4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

:sadwave:

Biddlin and DrBGood like this.
  5. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PixMix likes this.
  6. PixMix

PixMix Well-Known Member

Another Special, this one's a bit of a beater, but plays and sounds great.

[​IMG]

7. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

Since this thread was created...
    I sold my 2007 Melody Maker.
    Acquired a 2017 '58 Reissue LP Junior DC.

[​IMG]

8. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

1 word: Gorgeous. We had a 59 in the shop I work at recently that I sold to a friend. Had a great neck on it, and that single P90 ripped. Did I mention it was all original (besides the jack plate)? I should have bought it, but it has a very loving home now for a guy who deserves it.

[​IMG]
    The guy's name, if you want to look him up, is Tyler Armstrong. KILLER player, who deserves those guitars. He plays in a local band called Feel.

DrBGood, cerebral gasket and PixMix like this.
  9. papagayo

2015 Les Paul Junior

[​IMG]

Chuteboxehero and PixMix like this.
  10. papagayo

11. Spiral

Spiral New Member

2018 R8 Historic Collection. My first Les Paul - I wanted to get a good one, and I've always wanted a '58 due to the fat necks. The sustain on this thing is ridiculous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bossaddict, Logan, PixMix and 2 others like this.
  12. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Being an incurable modder, I haven't been able to leave my Les Paul alone for very long. Recently I have tried "Duane-ifying" it to resemble Duane Allman's 1957 Goldtop. I know it will never be a clone or anything, but I like the tinkering, and I think it looks pretty cool.

What I have done so far:
    I changed the TRC to one with a slightly wider bevel and I swapped the tuners for a set of aged "milk bottle" Grover Rotomatics from Creamtone. I changed the hardware to aged nickel (conversion set from Creamtone) and gave it tall pickup rings. I swapped the pickups as well. I loved the Throbak 102 PG Blues set I had put in there, but found the neck pup a tad too boomy at times. I got lucky and found a couple of sets of vintage T-Tops. I put one set in my 2018 SG Standard the other in the Les Paul. One of the sets came with a pair of old nickel covers, so I put those covers on the pups that went in the LP, while the SG got a pair of chrome covers. In order to Duane-ify it further, I removed the poker chip and pickguard, and gave it an amber switch tip. The knobs were already swapped when I bought it. I know mods like these are pretty meaningless (maybe apart from the pickups in this case), but it's great fun, and they make me want to play the guitar more.

This is the result:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Logan, Lunacy the Faded and arcticsg like this.
  13. DrBGood

Beauty !
    If the neck pup ring in the pics is the tall one, the original must have been paper thin.

Gahr likes this.
  14. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

I guess the photos lie a bit. The current ones are of the vintage/Custom Shop size.

15. mcdetroit586

mcdetroit586 New Member

Hey everyone! Looking for some information about a guitar I just picked up off of Reverb. It's a 2014 Gibson Les Paul 'Peace' model in Mellow out Green. It says that it had 'traditional' specs and all, but I was wondering if anyone knew if the Gibson Peace models were considered Traditional or Standard. Asking because I'm about to take off the E-Tune, and will be switching out the truss rod cover which says E-Tune. I'd like to but one on that says Traditional (which is what I believe this guitar is) but I don't want to put that on it it really isn't one. Obviously I could just pop a black cover on there, or one that says Les Paul or whatever. I'll also be switching out the peace sign knobs with something more Les Paul looking. I bought this because I love the color, it's got 61 Burstbuckers in it, and doesn't have a lot of weight relief. Below is a photo of it, the green pops when it's photographed and isn't as green to the naked eye. Even when I got it I snapped a photo with my phone, and it was more green that what I was looking at. I love the hemp case (so that's staying) and the tailpiece has the word Peace engraved in it which I will be leaving on as well. I never change anything on my guitars and this is a first for me. I will be keeping the knobs just in case I decide to sell this......which I probably never will, because I never do. The e-tune is going to be on Reverb or ebay.

[​IMG]

Gahr likes this.
  16. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That is gorgeous! Happy NGD to ya! :smile:

Just curious, is that an early release that was hand wired, or does it have the PCB?

17. Dadou

Dadou Well-Known Member

Where can we get that poker chip?!?!

18. bossaddict

bossaddict Active Member

My current Les Paul situation...

[​IMG]

19. papagayo

My upgraded 2017 Les Paul Tribute GT, Awesome Gibson, very good instrument. I paid near 820 €uros brand new.

[​IMG]

- Buffing finish
    - Home made body binding
    - Blank '59 Historic truss rod cover
    - Black plastics and 5 ply pickguard
    - Historic switch tip and black poker chip
    - Nickel metal jack plate
    - Gold knobs
    - Gibson ABR-1 bridge
    - M-69 repro HB rings

Gahr likes this.
  20. DrBGood

WHOA !
    I like what I see, only one with humbucker :)

bossaddict and Gahr like this.