The MXR Sugar Drive (klon alike)

Discussion in 'Effects' started by alligatorbling, Mar 14, 2019.

1. alligatorbling

alligatorbling Active Member

Ive been listening to "klon alike" videos all evening. I really like the sugar drive, and as it turns out its the most friendly on the wallet too!

MXR is open about the fact that its based on the Klon, but they state that its not a clone. its their own take on it.

I was sold after watching 2 or 3 youtube videos with clips of it.

I cant wait to use this with my new twin reverb!

2. gypsyseven

gypsyseven New Member

Yeah, that thing's on my radar too...

3. PixMix

PixMix Well-Known Member

Earlier this year I bought a used silver J. Rocket Archer. Never thought I'd look into buying a Klon style pedal, just because I thought the market is a little oversaturated with variations, and players a bit overhyped and splitting them hairs a bit too thin, and I hate to sift through all that mess.

But this one listed locally, and for a good price. I'm glad I got it as it's an AMAZING pedal! Goes from sparkling clean to a bit of a grit just by varying the pick attack, very touch sensitive, great sounding on all settings, although I mainly use it for low OD. I have not tried other Klon style pedals and don't plan to do so. Although I own and have owned many other overdrives, including "boutique" stuff, this one takes the cake, eats it, and then bakes you another fresh cake right on the spot.

gypsyseven likes this.