The Who On Tour

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by irockguitar82, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DisclaimeR

DisclaimeR Member

they still put on an awesome show. hope you enjoy it! :D

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Thanks I'm sure I will. ONly two hours to go now.

3. alexrules43

alexrules43 Member

By the time you read this, the show will be over, but...

You will, Zep! Even with no Ox or Moon and a Strat, they sound INSANE! This tour they played alot of new stuff (post-1978) mixed with the old.

4. Zeppelin Rules

OH MAN!!!! The concert was freaking unbelievable !!!!

5. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Come on we need more of a review than that.

6. Zeppelin Rules

Oh alright. They played some of their new album, but about 3/4 of it were Who classics. The started off with Can't Explain, Anyway Anyhow, and The Seeker. Then they played 6 songs from their new album. Then they played more of their classics ending with We Don' get fooled Again.. Then for the encore, after the crowd cheared for 5 mins straight, they came out and played Pinball Wizard and a bunch of other stuff off of Tommy, finishing with We're not Going to Take it. Then for the last song, they played a slow acoustic song from their new album. Pete talked to the audiece quite a bit, and told us that Toronto was his favourite city (I'm sure he says it in every city they play) About half-way through Pete introduced the rest of the band. It turns out that their rythm guitarist is Pete's brother. People were cheering even louder for Zakk Starkey, I'm guessing because of Ringo. Overall I thought they sounded amazing, even if Entwhistle and Moon are gone. I wasn't overly impressed with their newer material, but some of the acoustic ones weren't bad.

Ok, on to guitars. Pete didn't smash any guitars, and played only Strats. He played one red one, and a butterscotch-ish one. According to my googleing, he's playing Eric Clapton sig Strats, with Lace Sensor pups, and a Peizo controlled by an extra volume knob. His amps leeked like Fender Super-Soncis. He also played a natural Gibson SJ-200.Rodger also played an acoustic Gibson for a couple of songs. Pete's brother, Simon, was playing a Tele, and a Strat with what looked like soapbar P-90's into a Fender combo that I couldn't see too well. as well as an SJ-200. The bass player was playing a Fender Jaguar bass, but I couldn't tell what kind of amps he was using.

7. If You Want Blood

If You Want Blood Active Member

[quote author=Zeppelin Rules link=topic=9963.msg148397#msg148397 date=1165363222]
    Oh alright. They played some of their new album, but about 3/4 of it were Who classics. The started off with Can't Explain, Anyway Anyhow, and The Seeker. Then they played 6 songs from their new album. Then they played more of their classics ending with We Don' get fooled Again.. Then for the encore, after the crowd cheared for 5 mins straight, they came out and played Pinball Wizard and a bunch of other stuff off of Tommy, finishing with We're not Going to Take it. Then for the last song, they played a slow acoustic song from their new album. Pete talked to the audiece quite a bit, and told us that Toronto was his favourite city (I'm sure he says it in every city they play) About half-way through Pete introduced the rest of the band. It turns out that their rythm guitarist is Pete's brother. People were cheering even louder for Zakk Starkey, I'm guessing because of Ringo. Overall I thought they sounded amazing, even if Entwhistle and Moon are gone. I wasn't overly impressed with their newer material, but some of the acoustic ones weren't bad.

Ok, on to guitars. Pete didn't smash any guitars, and played only Strats. He played one red one, and a butterscotch-ish one. According to my googleing, he's playing Eric Clapton sig Strats, with Lace Sensor pups, and a Peizo controlled by an extra volume knob. His amps leeked like Fender Super-Soncis. He also played a natural Gibson SJ-200.Rodger also played an acoustic Gibson for a couple of songs. Pete's brother, Simon, was playing a Tele, and a Strat with what looked like soapbar P-90's into a Fender combo that I couldn't see too well. as well as an SJ-200. The bass player was playing a Fender Jaguar bass, but I couldn't tell what kind of amps he was using.

[/quote]

that's more like it

Ty Zep! O0

8. the bacon

the bacon Member

im going to see them in march! its going to fucking rock!

9. Rooney

Rooney Member

Heh, I kind of forgot about this, I'll report on what I remember.

They started with Can't Explain and Anyway... played Baba really early, and because of that it was kind of sloppy. (First show in the US too, but it's Philly, gotta bring your A game ;)) Pinball Wizard, My Generation, all those. What I remember most was the encore. After the final song of the regular set, Pete said, "We'll be back for the encore in a few." They came back and launched into about ALL of Tommy. It was amazing. When they got to the 'Listening to you' part of We're Not Gonna Take it, everyone was on their feet singing, freakin' amazing. They played Amazing Journey, Sparks, The Overture, It's a Boy, Eyesight to the Blind, all of which are my favorites from Tommy.
    I'm glad I got to see them, I hear this is their last big official tour.
    Anyway, great show all around, loved it, anyone who's going to see them, you should be in for a hell of a show.

10. EveryMn

EveryMn Active Member

I'm dissapointed with Pete. The Clapton Strats don't do it for me.

C'mon man, where's your sense of pride? You empire was built on two names, Gibson and Hiwatt. Bust 'em out, damnit.

I sure envy my dad. Not only is he possibly hangin' out with John and Keith this very minute, he got to see them all together live in '72 or '73, and even had good seats. Lucky bastard...