Tony Iommi SG Custom - wildwood

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by pancake81, Jun 7, 2018.

1. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

hey gang,

Just browsing through wildwood and found a listing for a Tony Iommi SG. Price seemed extremely high to me, but I am not crazy familiar with this model and it’s demand. Clearly it’s a custom shop, limited run of 250. I have the Angus Young Custom Shop, limited run 250, but do you think costs have jumped this high.

Is this a fair value for this guitar?

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product...ony-iommi-signature-sg-215-of-250/?cat_id=254

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

No. That's what I paid for my first 2 bedroom one bath house. About 1/3 of that asking price would be fair, but if there is someone out there insecure enough to need the status symbol, the seller has a right to fleece him.

Roca and 58pit like this.
  3. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Active Member

The epiphone ones are pretty sweet looking and a lot less pricey ...

In Tampa and 58pit like this.
  4. njpaulc

njpaulc Active Member

The price....whatever you can get for it. Some one really Jonesing for an Iommi will look at that and say "Hey a bargain" . 250 made and sold, whatever the market will bear. Me, I don't want any guitar that bad.

Daniel.S likes this.
  5. gball

gball Well-Known Member

It's a touch higher than what they are going for but I suspect Wildwood would make a deal. Most seem to be selling around $10k.

jojo68 likes this.
  6. sazista

sazista Active Member

i can't imagine spending that much on anything other than a house. Buy a Standard and play it with a Sabbra Cadabra distortion from Caitkin Bread.

JCarno likes this.
  7. 58pit

58pit Well-Known Member

Damn right they are, they are absolutely INCREDIBLE

8. GrumpyOldDBA

I drove across town to look at a slightly used one at GC but darn left handed ... i still almost bought it!

58pit likes this.
  9. 58pit

58pit Well-Known Member

LOL. Dude those are NOT your average Epi, WELL WELL WELL made, solid as a rock, the electronics and the tone is UN REAL. For the money its the best Guitar value to me since the SGJs

10. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I flagged 'em, now we'll see if anyone cares.

11. sazista

sazista Active Member

oops. forgot..shut up and play yer guitar.."So happy to-gether, so how is the weather"

12. Colnago

Colnago Member

Seriously dude, we come here to escape reality. Please let us continue. I know that my reality is not theirs, but I still like escaping it.

jojo68 likes this.
  13. sazista

sazista Active Member

Okay, you are given permission to escape, but just for a little while!! It's because I can never understand the lengths one may go, focusing so much on stuff that in my opinion, is just not important. Of course, we all have our own visions and of course, just being on this forum is antithetical to empathizing with those in dire circumstances. I digress....I am escaping right now. I am a musican, and have been since 1980, and have come to the conclusion that the personal is political and music, especially rock n roll is and has always been against the grain. Music is part of my life, as is the machinations of the world that produces it, moves us through its vibrations, from all corners of the earth. I have a personal connection to the music of Palestine, as with other music of the Middle-East, and Turkey as I also play that music on oud, baglama and setar. I won't apologize for my personal stance, but I do respect that others are not comfortable with it, for whatever reason that one may have. I enjoy this group enough to respect it. So, to each his/her own. Keep on stumming, plucking, blowing, beating to the rhythm that make the world go around. Que viva Palestina!

14. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Well-Known Member

I've seen a few of these recently in the $8k-$10k range so I'm not surprised that they are asking $12k because everything they sell is priced high.

15. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Dudes, I had to go to a Funeral In LINY! 17hr straight drive and he passes just before we arrive … at which point , due to memorial day weekend no business wanted to hear about it , then all comes to a stop .. after the holiday the phones start working again! Couple days after the wake the internment takes place, some family stuff afterwards and we head back to FloriDuh. Too burnt to do the marathon thing back so we " rested " w/ beer and some unhealthy food' wake n continue the journey, bout 1250 miles. Then home I turn on the `puter , lo an behold Error Code 303 , hard drive took a dump. A trip to BestBuyMart convinced me I was not going to pay the Corporate price and saved BooKoo $ on the internet. BTW That became an opportunity to sneak in a few " extra " gizmo's so I can't complain bout the wait. I saved what I could from the sinking ship and just got back and running tonight .. just the start though , HENCE I couldn't really manage the reports and mod squad stuff. I tried to use my phone but w/ Salami fingers and Kielbasa thumb it was a comedy of errors but barely managed …… so jus to splain, Ya` so all have an insight into the " see if anyone cares thingy " …. and besides I don't care for the heavy handed Moderation BS like the other forums do w/everyone having to walk in lockstep like it's 1942 or else get banned.

16. GrumpyOldDBA

No worries voxman it stayed on track.

Seriously these forums are amazingly well behaved people are a great community here. I sorta knew there are some moderators somewhere but havent seen any need for doing much except monitoring!

I do want that guitar ha ha!

Voxman likes this.
  17. sazista

sazista Active Member

Get one of these, they're cheaper!! And I'm sure made in a very well-paid factory :( Everything's political!! Love you ETSG compadres!

Attached Files:

18. JCarno

JCarno Active Member

Seriously, what is that? :confused:

19. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Looks like a foam angus young Sg?

Where, seriously I want one

20. JCarno

JCarno Active Member

Oh, ok, like a pillow? Hahaha... pretty cool.