Well I have gotten far enough along with this that I can finally post for all to see. Templates for neck profile, body, headstock shape and the raw materials. I had already inlayed the dots in the fingerboard when I took this "group shot. Logs to Lumber supplied the ¼ sawn 3 3/4” x 3 3/4” x 36” neck billet http://myworld.ebay.com/logstolumber0/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 North Ridge Hardwoods supplied the 14” x 19” x 1 ½” body blank http://www.northridgehardwoods.com/ Lets start with the Fingerboard. It's an ebony pre slotted Gibson scale from Stew-Mac Found the center of the board, intersected a center line at each position marker and drilled them out A drop of Crazy Glue into each hole and in went the 1/4" pearloid dots Drawing the Neck outline of the template Marking the 22nd fret ( where neck will join the body ) and the end of the fingerboard so I can mill off the "Drop off" area just past the end of the FB Milling the 3 degree angle into the tenon Flip the neck over and mill the -3 degree angle onto the bottom of the tenon. Here you can see the angle in the neck tenon with the "drop off" and the bottom of the tenon parallel with each other. Body blank rough cut on the bandsaw. I busted my last 1/4" blade so I had to use a 3/8" blade instead. What a b**** to cut tight curves with it ! Body template that was accurately Cad drawn off of a early 60's SG Jr. THANKS MAGNUS ! ( Note the reminder : THIS SIDE UP LEFT HAND ) I had to write that on all of the templates so I don't mess up ! LOL Routed to shape with a 1/2" bearing guided template bit. Holes drilled Control cavity's excess was drilled out with a Forstner Bit and routed to final shape and depth. Cover lip was routed out along wuth the cover it's self. Stew-Mac Hot Rod Truss Rod slot cut and T/R set into place FB profile cut - 1 11/16th" at the nut and 2 1/4" at the end. using this jig I made. It's set exactly 4 1/2" between the blade and the fence. Line up my marks at both ends with the edge of the board and the angle is cut. Don't "Fret"...Just do it ! LOL I also run the wire through my home made fret wire radii thingamajig ! Smear a little Titebond into the slot, wipe excess with a damp cloth and hammer in the fret. Head stock ears and veneer glued up. Shaping the body bevels with a rasp and 80 grit sandpaper. Side view of Bevels Some Naphtha wiped on the body Binding glued to the FB edges and FB glued to the neck blank Headstock shaped, tuner holes drilled out. Neck blank profiled, side maker dots holes drilled out. dots added. So after 4 days this is where I'm at. I'll shape the back of the neck maybe tomorrow and i'll route the mortise into the body. If all looks good I'll glue up the neck and the bulk of the build is done !