Tuscany Diablo C-Series Collector series

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by GuiseInDisguise, Jun 18, 2016.

1. GuiseInDisguise

GuiseInDisguise New Member

Hi sg lovers!

Stick around because I could sure use some information on these guitars and I don't mean catalogs or the likes but actual hands-on experience with one, especially the model in the title. So if you have one of these, share some insight here! It's rare to find a review of a Tuscany guitar online or a demo on youtube and I can't for the life of me find one about the Diablo, which as the name implies, is the SG body shape.

Vintage style tuners
    Alnico soapbar style pickups
    Alpine White
    Body and neck is mahogany, fretboard is rosewood

So I'm looking for my first electric guitar and I've gotta say this is a tempting choice here. Tuscany diablo collector with dual P90 pickups! Now you might assume from the pictures that it's two dog ear P90s when in fact is just the one on the bridge that is dog eared, the black pickguard just makes it hard to see the neck pickup doesn't have dog ears. I love the sound of P90s and that coupled with an sg body is almost a dream like combination.

I think one of my main concerns are that I can't really find any information on the pickups and really don't know how good they are unless someone happens to have one and talks about them here. There is a Diablo version with humbuckers as well. Any sort of hands-on information is welcome really. So if you have one, talk about it, post pics etc., was it nicely crafted? Was it well set up? What about the reliability? How does it compare with other sg copies?

up is a little video with their guitars/basses

Edit: here is the guitar I'm interested in. I tried to post the link on where it's being sold but forum said nope.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

love the white JR and Welcome

eS.G. likes this.
  3. GuiseInDisguise

Thank you Johnny!

If looks could kill I would be dead right now.:cool: Also if you take a peek at the video I think you are going to find out all of their guitars look good. Some highlights are the Surf model which is a p90 Jazzmaster with tremolo and the LesPaul Custom with Floyd Rose.

In virtue of some interest expressed from likes and a comment (hey it's something!) I'll post here the rest of my thread which I axed bc I had no idea why I wasn't allowed to make the thread. It's gonna allow you to have a nice overview on these guitars.

You probably haven't heard of Tuscany but if you have it's most likely because of their Les paul Rush custom with a floyd rose since those seem to catch the eye of most people. Tuscany guitars are property of an italian luthier (Galeazzo Frudua), made in Indonesia/Vietnam not sure which (support mentioned Vietnam so let's go with that) and setup in Italy.

If you are interested in more from the Frudua company they also made amps called TheValve (not in production anymore) and have another guitar line called Exlusive and you sometimes spot some of their staff in a few guitar inclined forums. They have also hand crafted guitars in Italy under the Frudua name, however I have no idea if they still do it. There is Frudua tv youtube channel with various guitar tips and some thoughts on guitar crafting. There is a Tuscany thread in this forum but it's long dead. Let's see if there is more information after 6 years!

4. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

hell thats a special after another look lol.didnt see the second pickup first go around

5. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Nice looking axe man. GO for it. Looks solid. FEAR NO BEER!!!!!!!....er "SPECIAL " in this case!

GuiseInDisguise likes this.
  6. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Oh welcome by the way---where abouts are you? here in the U.S.? WHERE do they sell these Tuscany guitars and how are they $ wise because that "F" hole hollow bass is giving me MUCHO GAS!!!!!!!!

GuiseInDisguise likes this.
  7. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG! :smile:

8. GuiseInDisguise

Thank you! I feel welcome already!

Thank you! I live in Portugal and where do they sell... I honestly have no idea :confused: This one just appeared on this ebay-like site. I browse the site all the time but this is the only one I can find. It used to cost 385€ but the seller dropped it to 285. All I know about Tuscany and Frudua I only know because of public information on the internet.

I don't know about prices. Mike Spitzer, owner of Valve Amp USA only offers one specific example and it's not the Tuscany line, it's the Exlusive line. There he compares their Alien at $775 with a 2800$ Ibanez Jem. Then again I don't think the Exlusive production is outsourced to Vietnam. Those might be produced in Italy, idk. The thread at MyLesPaul:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-single-cuts/58501-tuscany-guitars-anyone.html

You know what I CAN do? I can ask the seller where he got the one in the pics.

9. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

Very cool, reminds me of Custom 77 guitars, I think from France.

10. jota

jota Member

Nice to see another Portuguese fellow here.
    I've saw that Jr on OLX a few times.
    Can't you go there and try it out?

11. Batandy

Batandy Active Member

Tuscany guitars is brand made by the luthier Galeazzo Frudua (you can find videos of him showing how to sing Beatles songs with the proper voice harmonizations)
    I haven't tried them because they are pretty rare here in Italy too, i do know that Frudua personally checks every guitar ordered (they are made in china). There should be a shop selling them in Bologna, next time i'll go on vacation i'll probably try them out, they looks rather solid, maybe a bit pricey