What foot pedal should i use for my G400

Discussion in 'Effects' started by mysterio, May 2, 2005.

1. mysterio

mysterio New Member

I have a g400 and my OLD peavey amp has no distortion (actually, I think it has tubes in it). I was wondering what a good pedal would be for a price 100 or under

2. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Know anybody with some pedals you can borrow? Try em out and maybe you find the brand that works for you.... 8)

3. go to a music store and try everything...then when u find somthing cool go for it

4. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Good idea but remember that there may be a bit of a sound difference between their amps and yours. The music store will definitely give you more variety to get an idea...... and maybe they will talk exchange for something else if you didn't like it. I have spent enough time and money at my local shop that the owner has let me take the stuff to try at a show before I buy.......... If you aren't that way with your shop, then check out the "exchange policy".....IMO 8)

5. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

mysterio, we wanna hear more about that amp!! those old tube amps are great!!

there are a lot of multi-effects rigs out there for pretty cheap, and it's a lot of fun to play will all the effects and combining them. i think they're good for finding what you like and then go buy the real thing. my digitech rp100 has a tuner and a drum machine in it to boot and i think they go for about $100 new.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/s=funzone/search/detail/base_pid/150174/

6. mr_dj07

mr_dj07 Member

I own a Digitech RP200a, which is pretty much the same as skid's pedal, but I have an expression pedal, which isn't necessary anyway. Of course it's pretty fun but you don't really need it. I highly recommend this pedal because it's a lot of fun ! :D
    You can easily get pretty accurate sounds from your favorite bands. I got my Led Zeppelin, Queen, Metallica sounds, and you can have pretty accurate sounds of a great variety of amps like a clean tube amp sound, full metal distortion, and you can even simulate a single coil pickup. you can go from HB to SG and from SG to HB. I guarantee it, it's a lot of fun !

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/150183/ this is the one !

7. solidhex

solidhex Member

What kind of sound are you going for? There's a lot of choices for under a 100 bucks. High gain tones? Natural overdrive? Fuzz? Naming some guitarists or bands will help.

--Brad

8. mysterio

mysterio New Member

I saw a boss blues pedal that i really liked but that digitech RP200a sounds nice. I 've actually played it on my amp because my cousin has one. Oh by the way I have a Peavey Bandit 65.

9. mysterio

mysterio New Member

I just changed my mind. I want the boss BD2 Blues driver