Who knew an sg could make such such a sound?

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by TheKingOfPeng, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TheKingOfPeng

TheKingOfPeng Member

I jsut saw this video for the first time. Its ocean colour scene live in japan in 96. there guitarist is a genius. Check out this video, he plays so effortlessly. Incredible solos!!!!

Ocean Colour Scene - Get Away

2. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

Well I enjoyed it, I'm not so sure about the genius part (I'm a jaded old fart...I've seen some REAL genius guitar players in my time) but he's a cool player, and really has that 60's vibe of innocent exploration and a great psychedelic tone.

As far as the tone - any of us guys from the 60's recall that the SG was made for this kind of music - and he even uses the vibrola like the classic guys!

Thanks for posting, I like hearing new (to me) bands.

3. TheKingOfPeng

TheKingOfPeng Member

[quote author=dbb link=topic=21763.msg260900#msg260900 date=1312216590]
    Well I enjoyed it, I'm not so sure about the genius part (I'm a jaded old fart...I've seen some REAL genius guitar players in my time) but he's a cool player, and really has that 60's vibe of innocent exploration and a great psychedelic tone.

As far as the tone - any of us guys from the 60's recall that the SG was made for this kind of music - and he even uses the vibrola like the classic guys!

Thanks for posting, I like hearing new (to me) bands.
    [/quote]

You should check out one of there other songs... fleeting mind. Its got an amazing score. He's very much influenced by 60s groups and he plays with paul weller.

4. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

Cool song, I never heard of these guys before. Thanks for sharing.

5. TheKingOfPeng

TheKingOfPeng Member

[quote author=Kevy Nova link=topic=21763.msg260906#msg260906 date=1312226151]
    Cool song, I never heard of these guys before. Thanks for sharing.
    [/quote]

No problem mate. Glad you liked it.