Why no SSL certificate ?

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Hector, Mar 10, 2018.

1. fos1

fos1 Active Member

// this is partly or mostly due to the US FCC not voting for net neutrality or in reality, repealing the Net Neutrality policy in the US

"Net Neutrality" (double speak) was anything but neutrality. It was the left (government) trying to control the internet. The internet was and is fine without it before and is still fine now. Bandwith has always cost money, you get what you pay for. It along with everything else computer related has become much cheaper over the years. My first access in the 70s cost 10 cents per minute at 300 baud.

SSL certificates are not difficult to obtain and not expensive at all. There are systems that do block sites that do not have an SSL certificate.

I admin a couple of servers, I have SSL certificates for both. Big deal...

Flame suit on....

2. Notabot

Notabot Active Member

Simple answer folks: Don't use the same login and password for your banking/insurance/work that you do for public websites!

Traffic encryption for this site is overkill and unnecessary overhead....

3. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

100% agreed.
    I strongly disagree! As I said above SSL should be the default and only be disabled if there are good reasons to do so. Calling encryption overkill for a side like this is nonsense. The computational overhead is negligible and probably not noticeable to anyone. The only real overhead occurs when the session between browser and server is established and is nothing compared to the traffic caused by all the large drool worthy pictures of SGs posted here.