Wireless Audio

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Norlin SG, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Norlin SG

Norlin SG Active Member

Really ready to pull my hair out on this one. What I want to do use WIFI to provide signal from an analog mixer through my wireless network to to a DAC that will provide an analog signal to drive an amplifier.

So basically, analog audio source > ADC > send IP address > WIFI router > recieve IP adress > DAC > amplifyer > speaker(s). Alternately could a DAW computer send digital audio signal directly to the WIFI router without having to use the computers crappy sound card?

Sounds simple right? AH.........No. Maybe I'm missing something, but pretty much anything that has DAC to WIFI capability only work with the likes of I-Tunes, Spotify, Pandora etc. It sure seems like if I want to Cast MY Content on MY network I need to just go EFF myself.

2. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

Search online how to stream audio from your DAW. Maybe a plug-in for the DAW to route the audio to your network instead of the default audio interface or sound card.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. flatrockmobile

flatrockmobile Active Member

If these devices are close by, there might be a bluetooth solution.
    What you are trying to do seems reasonable, but there might be a severe latency issue for real time recording, etc.

4. flatrockmobile

flatrockmobile Active Member

5. Norlin SG

Norlin SG Active Member

Thanks guys. I'll take a closer look and get back. I thought of Bluetooth but with the lower sampling rate and that the adapters I found can only pair up to 2 devices at once makes them kind of limited. I realize you can only connect to 1 device at a time so that at least with BlueTooth isn't an issue.

Good point about approaching it from the DAW perspective. The consumer adapters etc do seem like a waste of time.