WTB affordable pedals please!

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Layne Matz, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Well-Known Member

Im looking to buy the following at the most affordable price due to my low income status.
    *Wah pedal with one of those foot pedals that you step on to control the intensity
    *Fuzz pedal of some sort, the more like Hendrix the better
    *Octave pedal that raises octaves
    *Univibe
    *Crazy Horse pedal
    If you have any other pedals for sale let me know.

Ive been playing with more people lately and want to really up my lead playing because I'm not acheiving all the tones I want. I'll admit I want some of those to die for Hendrix tones, but I cant quite afford it. I intend to be recording and playing live soon and I feel that pedals may help me give my playing more of a kick. Ive never used a pedal before but I know very well what sounds I'm after. Feel free to post or PM me, thanks in advance!

2. Daniel.S

Daniel.S Well-Known Member

I’m not going to be able to help you, but! I’ve gone on a bit of a spending spree lately to expand my music with the help of different kinds of old pedals.

Good luck man! Keep your eyes out on Reverb and eBay!

3. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

If you start from scratch, investing in a multi effect pedal could be your ticket. Look for the VOX Tonelab models. Some go for under $100. I've had one for many years and it is very complete as the kind of effects you can dial in. But be warned, there's a steep learning curve to it. Many get discouraged, but it's worth going through it. At first go see the usuer manual and read it from end to end. You'll realize how much there is in there.

iblive likes this.
  4. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

Behringer makes a great, cheap optical wah. I love mine. I suggest buying used pedals. I buy almost all of my pedals used from guitarcenter.com. You can look at the price and condition of each pedal. I bought a used germanium Fuzz Face cheap, and multi effects as well. All of my pedals look virtually new.
    20181001_165705.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Layne Matz likes this.
  5. Daniel.S

Daniel.S Well-Known Member

Yeah you'd be surprised how cheap you can get some pedals, which look like crap being scratched up and having paint chips. As long as they work as intended you're good as gold!

Chubbles and Layne Matz like this.
  6. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Well-Known Member

I wound up buying an open box Hellbabe for $45, and a new Voodoo Octave for $30. Not many shops mear me, not much gear anyways. Im impatient. Might try behringers ultra vibrato in a couple weeks. Also got the cheapest bigsby knockoff on Ebay to out on my SG! Its going to be a good month spare the weather.

Went to jam with a guy off craigslist last night and I cant tell you how god aweful he was and he'd been playong much longer than. Literally didnt know a single three note chord, not one scale... But couldnt play either way. You dont need theory to play, nut you definitely meed soemthing that he is lacking... A good ear? Pentatonics maybe?
    He was offended when I told him he was playing out if key... Dude was putting his fingers all over randomly up and down the fretboard with terrible results. I felt bad.

Im going go meet a bassist a few towns over next week to jam, he's highly experienced in that he has recorded, toured, higher, produced, engineered, etc. etc. Its an area with lots of small towns, its no wonder why there arent too many musicians around.

Chubbles likes this.
  7. XTN

XTN New Member

Respect his determination. Despite a complete lack of rhythm, talent and any musical training, I keep playing. Like a salmon swimming against the current.

Ever look into those programmable amps? The Fender Mustang IV has a buttload of programmable pedals. You can hook it up to your computer and get very granular with the settings. Yeah, it’s an emulation, but a fuckton of fun. And the IV comes with a four button foot switch.

And probably cheap on the used market.

Jus’ saying. I keep mine by the bed because it has a headphone jack. Because, you know, why get out of bed these days?

6F75E723-3177-454B-A7EA-4359C5CC49BF.jpeg

Layne Matz and Worblehat like this.