Yamaha THR

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by ScottZ, Oct 28, 2019.

1. ScottZ

ScottZ New Member

I just picked up a THR10X and i'm really enjoying it so far, especially with my strat with floyd and Frankenstein pickup. I was wondering who else is using one with an SG and what your favorite settings are. I still prefer my DSL for the SG and am looking for better tones for the THR.

2. Astral Traveler

Astral Traveler Active Member

Yep. I've had my THR5 since it was first released, 2012-2013? It's a great practice amp and a great amp for recording. A tip is to keep the gain fairly low and dime the master for some cool tones.

I also had the Yamaha THR100 for a while, also a great amp but another anmial altogether.

Now I mostly play through a Quilter but the THR is out at least 2-3 times a week, I run it on batteries while I jam on the couch :D

ScottZ likes this.
  3. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

I set mine up ages ago and just use the presets now, so I'm not quite sure of the exact settings. I usually just use an ACDC sort of Marshall sound. Other presets are a higher gain Sabbath sort of thing, a really high gain Metallica sound, a chimey Vox clean and a Fender thing. I have the standard THR10, I'm not sure how that differs to the X, I know one was more boutique tones and another was higher gain. It's an easy amp to get good sounds out of, just fiddle about and you'll find something you like.

ScottZ likes this.
  4. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

Eye balling one of this.