you meanies hurt someone's feelers

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by mdubya, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

lunchbox and Biddlin like this.
  2. shreddy bender

shreddy bender Well-Known Member

I guess I wasn't paying attention to this thread as closely as I should have. I missed all the negative posts they were talking about.
    Oh well... back to my beer, stupid heavy metal and unintelligent conversations. (oh and jazz and blues and funk and country and folk and prog rock and reggae and...)

mdubya and thatbastarddon like this.
  3. thatbastarddon

thatbastarddon Well-Known Member

Wait...did i miss something?...a person purchased a $3000+ custom VOS because they didn't like any of the hardware etc...was planning on purchasing some high grade, up-grade, hardware to replace what was not desired on the custom shop offering. Some folks thought that was a silly idea, and expressed it...and there was no other way to handle it, other than retreating to another bastion of security to report the indignant behavior of the onlookers that, clearly, did not understand the potential glory to come?

:hmm:

I'm gonna go grab my baked maple board, and think on this some.
    :thumb:

Dadou, Biddlin and mdubya like this.
  4. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Well-Known Member

The removed posts must have been pretty brutal to offset what appeared to be a lot of supportive and admiring posts.
    Never knew there are two forums devoted to those boat anchors shaped like guitars........

mdubya likes this.
  5. tmjns796

tmjns796 Member

someone must have a bit of grit in there gusset

Biddlin and mdubya like this.
  6. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

I missed whatever was removed, also.

Funny thing is, LPF is far from welcoming to new members/posters.

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

8. Biddlin

"The following errors occurred during your registration:
    • The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here
    • That username is already in use. If you are ...... and you have forgotten your password, click here.
    • ;>)/

9. Dorian

Dorian Active Member

Perhaps there is a point in here from F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story The Rich Boy, "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different."

10. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

It is always tough joining a new forum.

Letting people know you have been around and know what you are talking about without sounding arrogant and crass is tough to do, especially if you are well established and comfortable elsewhere.

I thought it was hilarious when I did my usual nightly check of LPF, last eve, and saw a thread about etsg. "Uh oh," I thought.

Reading everything after the fact was quite amusing to me.

When I joined etsg several years ago, the place still had some teeth. It is so relatively gentle and kind here these days, especially compared to other forums, I had a real laugh about everything. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

11. Alex_SG

Alex_SG Well-Known Member

I love the last posters comment...
    "Smolder
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Re: Everything SG Forum??
    In your first handful of posts you start a thread about how much money you threw at an SG? That's a pretty working class forum. I'm not surprised you raised some cackles. Most of those guys are playing $4-800 guitars and are thrilled to have them."

I don't know whether he is defending us, or being sarcastic, talking about "$4-800 guitars" and "working class forum"...

This comment definitely has merit, though:

"In your first handful of posts you start a thread about how much money you threw at an SG?"

What do you guys think?

Rowdymoon and mdubya like this.
  12. Susihukkanen

Susihukkanen Well-Known Member

I still wonder if someone is really rich, why would he buy a guitar and have the price divided in 1+3 portions? Do you have there some kind of tax benefit for that?

Melmord Fjordslorn and mdubya like this.
  13. happy_tom

happy_tom Active Member

I might be out of line, becouse I missed the 'evil' deleted posts by etsg members, but I think we're getting off track here.

The point is not who is rich and who is working class, or how much someone spent on guitar,

but merely the fact that the guy bought a ferrari and is now modifying it into a pimped-up chevrolet. :squint: Which in the end I'm sure will turn out OK, but there are 3x simpler ways to achieve the desired outcome.

Or maybe I misunderstood this becouse of deleted posts?

14. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy Well-Known Member

Jajajajaj... Funny to see how people take things so seriously on the Internet.

deMelo and mdubya like this.
  15. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

Serious bidness. :lol:

Mr. Happy likes this.
  16. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

I just noticed that we have an "unlike" button but
    it only appears after you use the "like" button and
    then it doesn't work. "An error occurred."

No wonder they think we're working class.
    We have a defective "unlike" button !

Alex_SG and mdubya like this.
  17. Biddlin

""So the SG arrived today. Question for you guys with SG Historics...the butt end of the neck where it meets the body is unfinished raw wood. The area right under the fretboard binding is what I'm talking about. The whole area that's covered by the little plate is also very sloppily finished there, but not a huge deal as it's covered by the plate. The raw wood under the fingerboard binding isn't though, it's fully visible with the plate on. Are yours (or vintage SG's for that matter) like this too?" "
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;>)/

Alex_SG and mdubya like this.
  18. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

^^^^ It is unbelievable that could have left the custom shop like that. :wow:

Moose and Melmord Fjordslorn like this.
  19. Tobacco Worm

Tobacco Worm Well-Known Member

Just spotted this thread as I've been feeling a might poorly lately and not too active with much of anything. But reading what was said that was still available on the other forum I'm not surprised either. Here we share in the joy of the purchase of even quite modest priced instruments by another. In fact we're quite proud for the other member that just found a guitar that they enjoy. Rather than brag about the spending we will brag about the savings. This forum has countless members that seek the best deal possible and then when found, will pass this information along to the others. That's called good behavior and indeed sets this forum apart form the others. As a whole we stand to assist another rather than speak ill of them. With rare exceptions this is the overall reason for this forum to have members that work together and not against each other and prevail where others fail.

As with any hobby (pro and semi-pro players not withstanding) finding a "good buy" on something is one of the goals we have. There are those that feel the more money they spend, the better the instrument, and thus this propels them into a higher "status" among the others in their chosen hobby. Sadly this feeling is shared only by the one that spent the vast amount of money and their ego alone must be satisfied. When this does not occur then the individual must vent his frustration upon any who will listen. Where collectively those that hear this for the most part do not possess the funds to have similar objects and thus a common resentment will arises. That is human nature.

So if the individual in question holds now a low opinion of this forum, then so be it. That's his right I suppose. But here where common sense and common decency are viewed as a virtue by many of the members it is my belief that this is largely due in fact to simply thinking of others first rather than themselves. And in the end, if they can't take a joke... oh well.:dunno:

Dadou, mdubya and Biddlin like this.
  20. Krosis

Krosis Well-Known Member

I would say what I think about this guy and his comment but there are ladies on this forum.

tmjns796 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.