your comments

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by Mr. Green, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Mr. Green

Mr. Green New Member

2. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

??? ???

i really wanna like it but its just not my cup o'tea

good luck with it

3. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

It sounds good musically although its not what I'd listen to out of choice. As Phil said, good luck.

4. SG Steve

SG Steve Member

Theres no doubt the musicianship is there. Nice guitar tones too!

If I could change anything (I don't mean to offend, but you did ask):

There's way too much going on to fully appreciate the tune. If I were going to edit it, I would cut the intro and go straight to the part where the main lick and drums kick in. I'd also lose the backing vocal that follows through the verses and leave it on the chorus. Re-track the back ground vox yourself, maybe in a style like Chris Cornell? While the existing one is unique, it distracts. I wonder how this tune would sound stripped down without all the layers? I don't know if you have a deal or not, but the number one thing I have heard is with demos and first singles, less is more. You got a great voice and some killer chops, why bury them? I also liked the second song - I was playing my air guitar and tapping my foot!

5. Mr. Green

Mr. Green New Member

[quote author=SG Steve link=topic=15932.msg202658#msg202658 date=1198810530]
    Theres no doubt the musicianship is there. Nice guitar tones too!

If I could change anything (I don't mean to offend, but you did ask):

There's way too much going on to fully appreciate the tune. If I were going to edit it, I would cut the intro and go straight to the part where the main lick and drums kick in. I'd also lose the backing vocal that follows through the verses and leave it on the chorus. Re-track the back ground vox yourself, maybe in a style like Chris Cornell? While the existing one is unique, it distracts. I wonder how this tune would sound stripped down without all the layers? I don't know if you have a deal or not, but the number one thing I have heard is with demos and first singles, less is more. You got a great voice and some killer chops, why bury them? I also liked the second song - I was playing my air guitar and tapping my foot!
    [/quote]

thank you for your compliments !
    what you said about doing it in a Chris cornell style is what I on stage to it.
    live versions of this song is more aggressive.
    the second song is my first single where I live and people really dig it to my surprise despite the fact that it's really a harsh song,I wonder how people in the U.S will eat it,when I'll release it as a single there.