your thought about wylde audio(zakk wylde) guitars ?

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by fahad187, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Rob Pierce

Rob Pierce New Member

The only one i like is his V because it doesnt look completely over designed.. lol.

2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Well-Known Member

I have always been amazed at how freaking ugly his guitars are. They're almost as annoying as those damn squealy harmonics that he does every 5 seconds during a song.

PermissionToLand and dcwave like this.
  3. zisme

zisme Well-Known Member

4. Bullfrog

:lol::lol::lol:

zisme likes this.
  5. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

It looks like the horns on those SGs have the mumps.

6. Tom Schuster

Tom Schuster Well-Known Member

I admire the fact that z can play a lot of notes pretty cleanly and really fast but so can a lot of people...............if theres no soul in it......its usually quite obvious..looking at his designs i would say he's going for those kids round 13 to 15 that think thats really bad azzzzz ****.............im not impressed........i will admit to looks being a big part of a guitar but i like simple wich is why ive always thought the SG was just a perfectly designed guitar........simple,functional, and freaking mean looking...........without being glitzy looking.............im 57 so i guess you could call me oldschool.......

ninjaking67 and fahad187 like this.
  7. Metal2016

Metal2016 New Member

I like the design…I just hope he makes the more traditional colors like alpine white, black, and Cherry. I am sure you can get them with any pickup of your choice. I also hope he adds the bigsby or Floyd rose…Very Metal. :dude: :lol:

8. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Well-Known Member

I dig the green quilt and the one with the hypnotizing pattern.....

9. Jimmy Jacks

Jimmy Jacks Well-Known Member

I totally missed this thread when I started mine on the same topic. I don't mind the horns as much as the cut in the middle of the body on top and bottom. Zak was a Gibson guy so I'm interested in seeing what the neck feels like. His paint jobs only make these things worse in my opinion. If he made something a little softer on the eyes id give it an honest try, But I don't see myself buying one of these as they are....

10. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

To each his own.
    Personally, I would probably hurt myself just trying to pick it up.
    Too many pointies.
    Doesn't light my fire like e.S.G's Firebird does.

I would guess they will be good quality components and sound good;
    its not a HSN Keith Urban Learn Guitar kinda thing.

11. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

I saw a video of him ruining Voodoo Chile by filling it with so many notes there was no room left for any feeling. Now he's made a mess of my favourite guitar design. What next? I hope he doesn't plan on starting a brewery.

Such a shame it's not possible to 'unsee' or 'unhear' things.

12. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

I wonder what he would do to Little Wing.....

Like others have said, the Mega-Shreddy guys may have a lot of talent, but it just doesnt hold my interest.
    Space is good. I've been listening to a lot of B.B. King the last week or so.

Yeah, if we could bottle and sell "Unring the Bell" potion, we'd be swimming in vintage gear, wine, and song.

Bullfrog likes this.
  13. gball

gball Well-Known Member

They seem like the answer to a question nobody asked. Yuck.

ScottMarlowe and Bullfrog like this.
  14. Bullfrog

Totally.

And not always easy to do either!

If I'm working out some lead for a new song, I like to pick with just my fingers. It makes me slow down and I'm more likely to leave space here and there.

15. Batandy

Batandy Active Member

I like the SG design, i just wish it had a more standard paintjob and maybe a cool pickguard to go with the new shape

16. DPaulCustom

DPaulCustom Active Member

If one fell of the truck, & didn't break, I wouldn't pick it up.

17. Metal89

Metal89 Well-Known Member

I had a change of heart on these...

WOAH!!! Don't get out the torches and pitchforks just yet, let me explain!!

Ok I went to guitar center to play with a couple of bass' to see what I really liked..

Passing by I saw one of these zakk wylde les Paul copies with that weird flame horn cutaway, charcoal black with flat black ring bullseye. (Ok yea I always did like the bulls eye design on his axes but that's it.) I kept thinking "who would pay 900$ for this thing" "why did zakk do such a thing to a les Paul style guitar" "you know in person... It's not so bad... Wait what?!?!?!"

Well I played with the bass' a bit and decided it was about time to leave before I walked out the door with one. On the way out, I saw that ugly duckling staring at me... I've had it! I decided I was going to buy some guitar picks so I can riff on this thing and prove to myself that I really really should hate it, and buy picks I did. I plugged it into the only amp I could (a small cube amp like one I had a long time ago) mainly because all the Orange, and other amps where taken up by teens playing nirvana riffs and one girl playing a... Ukulele???

But whatever, I plugged it in, strummed a bit, dialed in the sound I like with heavy distortion and medium amount of reverb.... I played a heavy riff and this was the beginning of the end for me...

I dropped the E to D and played a zakk wylde inspired riff of my own and holy crap I couldn't believe it... The darn thing played like butter, it was about as thick as an sg standard and felt like it weighed just slightly heavier but not by much. The neck was smooth as silk and the action, oh Lordy the action on it was so freaking nice.

In those 15 minutes I lost myself in the sound. I had no problems hitting those strings accurately, it sported active emg 81 and 85... On the back though there wasn't the usual easy battery access. You would have to use a screwdriver to get into the tone control cavity...

I played a few quick lead fills and in that moment I could easily see myself on a stage with this ugly thing... I finished up, put down the guitar and turned off the amp soundly defeated.

I turned and realized that there was a few people nodding at me in approval and complimted my playing witch was a nice solace for this guilty desire that was developing.

I left and sat in my car for a few minutes... " I'm someone that would pay for that ugly slab of wood..." I admitted to myself.

BUT I SWEAR ZAKK HIMSELF HAD THESE CURSED BY A VOODOO WITCH DOCTOR!!! I really really tried to hate it! I honestly did!!! I even put my zakk fanboy ism completely aside!!! But it played so nice, it was actually really comfortable! And...and... Guys I need help! :ohno:

fahad187, dexspeed, Raiyn and 2 others like this.
  18. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

^^^ An opinion by someone who has actually played one!

Nice!

Bullfrog likes this.
  19. dexspeed

dexspeed Active Member

FB_IMG_1457729976468.jpg
    Saw this one a while ago pop up somewhere. Kinda liking the vertigo paint job....

20. Bullfrog

Dammit.

Yeah I like it too.