YouTube blocking

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by New_SG_Fan, Feb 11, 2018.

1. New_SG_Fan

New_SG_Fan New Member

This is not a question on legality etc, but more of a strange observation. The song custard pie by zep has maybe dozens of uploads, some the actual original song, some with backing tracks and a dude playing the guitar part. Now "a friend" of mine goes and loads some low quality, arguably not so good guitar lead over an otherwise full backing track and gets blocked within 2 hours with 1 view. Meanwhile these other videos, some with 10s of thousands of views are still up. Now my friend is probably wrong to do this, and so yes....bad boy....but why is a shitty guitar cover upload with one view getting blocked and these others, many others, are not. And yes I have considered that perhaps it was so crappy Jimmy put in a hit request to MI6 in addition to getting an immediate block put in place but that seems somewhat unlikely.

2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It's all algorithms over there. Did he title it "Led Zep Custard Pie" or something similar? It probably just tripped a flag and he will need it manually reviewed. That, or even the robots thought it was bad.:p

3. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Good point.
    Perhaps the title words triggered a flag?

Raiyn likes this.
  4. New_SG_Fan

New_SG_Fan New Member

It was titled "riff 1". Just something put up as a sample of his playing for potential jams etc.

And the videos still up with thousands of views are blatantly titled custard pie with all the tags etc. I dont get it. Why are they picking on me. I mean him

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe it recognized the tune (somehow) and blocked it because it didn't have the usual fair use notifications?
    [​IMG]

6. Didds

Didds Active Member

Best not to question it. It's been no secret for the past couple of years that YouTube's flagging system is an absolute shitshow. Your mate can try to repeal this claim if he wants. Not that YouTube likely cares. The flagging system on that site has been fucking over it's creators for years and ultimately cutting their pay down to a quarter of what it would have been three or four years ago. Most YouTube creators that do it for a living now have to rely on third party donation sites