Yuck!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by guitarweasel, Nov 24, 2008.

1. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

Got up this morning to let the dogs out and it's snowing like crazy. I hate winter, but this does exclude me from raking leave today!!! Any of you guys in the south want a house guest for a couple months? ;D

2. JWest

JWest Member

Send some of that snow down here! It hasn't really snowed good in Georgia for years now.
    Usually, if one snowflake is sighted in Georgia they cancel everything and everyone runs to the grocery stores to buy all the canned goods and emergency candles.
    I wouldnt mind missing a couple of days of work, thats for sure!

3. SGPlayer

SGPlayer Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=18142.msg222834#msg222834 date=1227531703]
    Got up this morning to let the dogs out and it's snowing like crazy. I hate winter, but this does exclude me from raking leave today!!! Any of you guys in the south want a house guest for a couple months? ;D
    [/quote]

Sure! Come on down! I've got plenty of leaves for you to rake!!!! :evil: :funny:

And after you finish that, I'm sure I can find something else for you to do!

4. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

[quote author=SGPlayer link=topic=18142.msg222840#msg222840 date=1227542482]

Sure! Come on down! I've got plenty of leaves for you to rake!!!! :evil: :funny:

And after you finish that, I'm sure I can find something else for you to do!
    [/quote]

Figures. :p

5. Pickngrin

Pickngrin Member

I did my leaves wet, yuk...and HEAVY! Then I applied the fall fertilizer...and I'm walking around pushing the spreader...and it starts to snow..big snowflakes...I felt like an idiot fertilizing the lawn in a snow squall.

6. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Pshh you Americans don't know anything about snow. Its just started to snow here about a week ago and we've already had about 4-5 snowfalls.

7. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

That is exactly why I moved from Vermont to California about three years ago. My back just couldn't take one more winter of shoveling snow!!!

8. joker08641

joker08641 Member

I was born near Philly and grew up in the Delaware Valley, and when I was a kid it snowed a lot. 12" and 24" snow falls were routine, and so were two and three day stretches of "snow days" we got off from school.

I'm not one who believes global warming is man made, but no one can deny temps have trended upward since the last ice age 10,000 years ago... that's a matter of record. If that's not global warming, what is? LOL

What I'm saying is after living places that didn't have snow I don't miss it at all. I'm back home in New Jersey now and it hardly snows here at all now, and I still don't miss it! I may be sad when New Jersey is at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, but I'll never miss the snow :D

9. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

in northern minnesota the second a snowflake is spotted everyone dashes to the snowmobiles and start firing em up... ;D

10. 74 Jailbreak

74 Jailbreak Member

[quote author=joker08641 link=topic=18142.msg222901#msg222901 date=1227617044]
    I was born near Philly and grew up in the Delaware Valley, and when I was a kid it snowed a lot. 12" and 24" snow falls were routine, and so were two and three day stretches of "snow days" we got off from school.

I'm not one who believes global warming is man made, but no one can deny temps have trended upward since the last ice age 10,000 years ago... that's a matter of record. If that's not global warming, what is? LOL

What I'm saying is after living places that didn't have snow I don't miss it at all. I'm back home in New Jersey now and it hardly snows here at all now, and I still don't miss it! I may be sad when New Jersey is at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, but I'll never miss the snow :D
    [/quote]

I live in NJ too. In my younger years (not so long ago, haha), we used to get 10 or 12 inches in a big storm. Now, a half inch of slush is a surprise. >:(

11. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

No more of this for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]