‘05 SG Junior on my radar....

One-Wan

Reaction score
6BCD4CB9-6FB0-4E1B-B0DE-725424DEBF7B.jpeg B8478F06-25A5-415E-AA85-F88B607ED85E.jpeg Gday folks,
I’m currently in negotiations for an ‘05 SG Junior. It’s a batwing, wrap around tail piece, extended neck joint model. I’ve seen these advertised before as ‘68 reissues (which they aren’t). I was hoping to snap up one of the new ‘18 SG Jnr’s when they finally get here in Oz, but this has got the specs I prefer, being very similar to my ‘08 Classic. I do like bat wings....
Stay tuned folks, I should know tomorrow whether it’s the newest member of the clan.

Cheers, Scott.

Plan Zero

Reaction score
That thing is cool. Reminds me of a melody maker SG but better. I'm a big fan of JRs but also these goofy MMs which have the knob on the pickguard. I think they're from 2011. You can fnd them for under $500 pretty easily. They look so "economical" they are hilariously cute and there's even a V and explorer model. Check em out.

I've heard mixed reviews on that bridge compared to the lightening bolt. I'm using a Wilkinson bridge on mine, it allows for better intonation. Much better than the bolt, though in retrospect I should've got the gotoh/Wilkinson bridge which has two adjustable saddles.

As for the guitar, Get it!!!

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Go with the '05 all the way!
Even if it's not historically correct it looks killer.
It's got to be way more affordable than the new model as well.
I've got the 2012 junior and even though the knobs aren't vintage correct I dig it.

One-Wan

Reaction score
Go with the '05 all the way!
Even if it's not historically correct it looks killer.
It's got to be way more affordable than the new model as well.
I've got the 2012 junior and even though the knobs aren't vintage correct I dig it.

Yeah it’ll be getting a Lightning Bolt bridge and witches hats. That’ll get it pretty close to a late 60’s spec junior.
The deals done. I’ll have it in about 2 weeks.

Cheers, Scott.

One-Wan

Reaction score
Saw that on Reverb. Looks good. Good luck with it

Cheers mate.

I try to stay away from Reverb. This started as a casual look.... 'I wonder what SGs are on Reverb today"....

One-Wan

Reaction score
Its here! Changed the knobs to witch hats within 5 mins of unpacking it. :smile: Gave it a run through my Mini Z with a Fulltone FB1 this morning...this thing RIPS! What an awesome raunchy sound! Only thing I don't particularly like is it has linear taper pots, so Im taking them out and install CTS audio tapers. But Im sold on Juniors now. Its got a big neck, which seems to help with resonance. Its quiet loud unplugged too. Its a keeper! :dude:

Cheers, Scott.

qshK3AA.jpg

Latest posts