1962 Les Paul SG Junior Tone Vids

chard

Reaction score
Last edited:

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
My favorite guitar right there.so much so i got a Precision 61 JR kit i got to put together.sounds fantastic man.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Dude..your playing is killer..wtf are you talking about???:dunno::naughty: Being humble is pretty respectable..and yeah, serious tone..I love how versatile the tone knob on these are..I have a '65 SG Jr, but with a humbucker, still get that raunchy range with just one tone knob..these guitars are predators amongst other guitars..they ain't afraid to bite, maul, and attack..:dude:

chard

Reaction score
Thanks mate. :thumb: TBH my playing is a bit limited, not being able to read music and being self taught can be a bit restrictive. I would advise anybody who can afford them to get as few lessons under their belt.

chard

Reaction score
Not at all, granted I can play a lick here and there but it's all made up. Don't ask me to sit down and learn a piece of music note for note. I just can do it. As far as I'm concerned nobodies playing sucks so long as the player is enjoying playing.

Daphne Gruntfuttock

Reaction score
Is the scratchguard original ? Nice sound.

I think the number of famous rock virtuoso plank spankers who can read music must be extremely small, can't think of one. Frank Zappa maybe ?

chard

Reaction score
The scratch plate is a modern replacement, I've been trying to get an era correct one but they are rather expensive. All the plastics other than the P90 cover have been replaced but all else other than the jack plug is factory supplied.

alans sg

Reaction score
Hi Chard i watched this a few nights ago on FB when you posted it a great sounding guitar mate and your playin aint to shabby ( i can't read music either :thumb: so don't sweat it , and if i had some spare cash i would jump on that lp mate , cheers
Alan

Kris Ford

Reaction score
The scratch plate is a modern replacement, I've been trying to get an era correct one but they are rather expensive. All the plastics other than the P90 cover have been replaced but all else other than the jack plug is factory supplied.
Contact Dan at MojoAxe Custom Guitar Parts
Scroll down a bit..you can see his work is top notch..and VERY convincing..
Also, if you need a bridge for a plain G, he's got you covered there...

chard

Reaction score
Hi Allan, I stuck it on FB but to be honest unless someone comes up with something really tasty the old LPSGJ will be staying with me.:thumb: That FB page seems to be ok for buying and selling cheap stuff but not so clever for the more high end gear.

Pinged a mail to Mojo so I'll see what comes up.

Thanks.

Saintjonah

Reaction score
I've always known I was a pretty horrible guitar player, but if this is what passes as sloppy these days I'm worse off than I ever imagined.

Sweet ass guitar, man.

alans sg

Reaction score
Hi Richard , yep it seems to be ok for pedals ext but go over a couple of hundred quid and they just like looking at the pics :) cheers
Alan

Latest posts