1967 SG Standard without Vibrola

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Tim Gall, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Tim Gall

Tim Gall New Member

I am currently going to upgrade a 1967 SG Junior to a Standard. It has a broken headstock wing and has been routed for an extra PAF already so i might as well upgrade it. I was able to aquire an original gibson head stock overlay and a finger board for it. I wanted to just put a bridge and stop bar on it and my question is were any non vibrola models made in 1967. I have not seen any on the internet. s-l1600 (11).jpg s-l1600 (14).jpg

Attached Files:

2. njpaulc

njpaulc Well-Known Member

I have never seen any in person, and that includes many trips to 48th St in Manhattan and many hours staring in the windows of We Buy and Sell, Manny's, Sam Ash and many of the other nameless guitars stores on that block. I've seen 100's of old Sg's from that time period, and never saw one without a Maestro, or 3 screw holes. There may have been some custom made, but I've never seen one.

VSG likes this.
  3. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

4. VSG

VSG Member

Ahh, Music Row, 48th Street back in the 1970's...it was "nose up against the window nirvana". I had just moved to Jersey from Westchester NY and I made that trip in from Jersey quite a bit.