1968 Super Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Justin Bradfield, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Justin Bradfield

Justin Bradfield New Member

Just wonder has anyone used the kingtone blues power pedal to overdrive there vintage amp and SG ?!!??

2. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

An SG and a 68 Super Reverb is a combo that should handle just about any pedal combo you throw at it with great results. Never used a Kingtone Blues Power pedal before, I'll have to check around and see if I can find some good demo videos to find out what it does.

3. Justin Bradfield

Justin Bradfield New Member

Yeah man I could only find one guy on youtube with an SG let alone humbuckers but he was gettin that Beano Eric Clapton tone with it-

4. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

Just looked around a bit, the Blues Power pedal looks like it is geared towards that Hendrix-ey / Stevie Ray Vaughan "wide open blues" sound. It is a bit pricey as pedals go, but from what I am seeing I would expect great things from it in a wide variety of settings and combos. Looks like it would be right up my alley, flexible with a wide range of control options. Probably not a one trick pony pedal at all, and that is a good thing in my book. I like a pedal that can fit in just about anywhere.

I see no reason to expect this pedal will be overly finicky about one type of pickup over another.

Justin Bradfield likes this.
  5. Johnny Bagadonuts

Johnny Bagadonuts New Member

No experience with a SG into a SR, but a LP Jr with P90s into a SR will flat out rock; no pedals required.