1999 Gibson SG Supreme Fire Burst... $3000

pancake81

Reaction score
'76 Original finish and not Yellowed either. Pull the guard, control, pups and insides are same color as outside.

I was told this color is called Cream.

Very nice, cool piece for sure! I think that color is great, and honestly have not really seen it before for that era. You can always tell a 70's SG with that schaller harmonica bridge. After that it gets tougher (for me) to narrow down the exact date. There are some changes, open "b" and "o" verson closed on the Gibson writing on headstock, and pick up gap being bigger as they moved towards the neck and bridge.

Thanks for sharing, love it

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
HAHA Thanks Pancake, as I steal the OP's thread now that his SG is no longer for sale to us or anyone.

d2wMorq.jpg

pancake81

Reaction score
Wow, that's cool. I wish I would have scooped up a few 70's SG's when they were still reasonably priced. Folks caught on to that finally :)

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
YQwKoUZ.jpg

My P90 baby alongside my first 2 SG's. The Black '89 3 knob is one of those guitars that anyone I know who plays one, says they either will never part with, or it is their number one AXE. For me, it was my quick ebay buy that turned into a love of these guitars. I got a gem and yet it is a plain Jane, not scratchplate, rock n roll machine.

NnCxRnL.jpg

uoc2zCf.jpg

Latest posts