2010 gibson sg standard silverburst

kolhauszer

Reaction score
hi guys..sorry for my late thank yous but my sincere thank yous...and col..you made my year..i do feel that mastadon and flognoth are very learned as well,,im sure they are,,now that the sg is indeed in my room now and reading what i have read,,my eyeballs and heart wants to be closer to the edge of the blue book value,,perhaps it may or may not be right to the bone acurate nothing ever really is but im assuming that the publishers of blue books HAVE to be as close to the mark as they can to avoid any legal reprocustions,,does this make sense ?..

i m now keeping her for ever,,feeling what i feel..not in anyway knowing what i know because honestly my knowledge comes from others with far more experience then i do,,and i have learned a lot this evening

my thanks to everyone once again

kolhauszer

Reaction score
sorry flag yes in facti do live in canada..from montreaj originally

hey mast,,my dream beast was the one i had not to long ago but sold for debts to my room mate thinking that i could buy another in time,,a 97 les paul doublecut 24,,with that neck i barely even looked at the fretboard while i played,,and i so miss her

+Mastodon Fan+

Reaction score
You logged anytime on the silverburst yet? It should be a real player. Depending on the type of music it should scream on the heavier stuff. Pics would also be nice, never hurts my feelings to look at a nice silverburst sg. I man can dream right! Lol. One day I'll get a 61 and just have it painted in silverburst with a nitro coating.

kolhauszer

Reaction score
i have some time dedicated to her yes,,to call myself a pro though on her id be lying ..due to the trade with my friend however my ultimate goal was to trade the sg for a 97 les paul double cut deluxe 24..ive had reeds strats lesters,custom hand made beauties,,on my facebook page alone youll see the last 16 guitars that ive owned in the last 6 years alone..but..the neck on the double cut 24 that i once had and sold for debts still makes me throw violent baby baby craps ,,imaginitively,,lol..because with her neck i never or rarely even looked at her fret board while playing and god help me i wanted to find a doublecut to trade for, and perhaps a bit of cash thrown my way as well on tghe deal..but now knowing her value i couldnt possibly be that stupid ..but the lester doublecut will always be number 1,,much less in value then the reeds or the sg of course,,but the only one that my habnds felt at home with,,i hope to find one again

kolhauszer

Reaction score
lol i tried,,hard..col mustard mentioned that he would post the pics that i sent to him by email..very nice guy,,lol oh no she happened,,i do like my sg silver,,but i miss and worship my les paul doublecut 24

kolhauszer

Reaction score
oh and its a 2007 fellas not a 2010.shes a member of the guitars of the week clan

Col Mustard

Reaction score
okay, okay... I resized kolhauszer's photos and here they are...
Here's the 25th Anniversary Strat:
Strat 00.JPG strat 1.JPG Strat 2.JPG Strat neck plate.JPG
pretty cool huh? It's a lovely thing and any Stat guys would have to drool on their keyboards to look at this.

Here's the SG, and another lovely thing it is.
I'm very fond of my Silverburst '70s tribute, but mine's not
half as elegant at this GOTW from 2007.
body @100.jpg
body and neck@100.jpg
headstock@100.jpg
tuners@100.jpg
So what is the consensus on ETSG? Is one of these worth more than the other? They are both very cool. I confess, I would want BOTH! I would just have to sell something else, or take on some extra work, but I would not want to let either one of these out of my grimy paws.

I believe that's the ETSG approved response. Get both.
I understand that you might pine for some other Gibson, but
if your sweetie goes off with some other man, the best
self-medication I can think of is to bring home two. Especially if they are willing and desirable, like these are.

kolhauszer

Reaction score
excellentayy of you col...my thanks once again..
oh yes as mentioned upstaires on the primo page my buddy who once bought a 93 strat from me showed mercy on my empty fingers amd offered me a trade in the meantime until my strat is in my arms..

we decided to trade permanently and for the sg and a couple of hundred more when she shows up he will get the strat,,so i was free to try to trade the sg for a 97 double cut deluxe 24..but now considering that you informed me of what my sg is worth col,it would be foolish to trade 2200 usd for about 1300 can..of course i did not know her value until a few days ago,thanks to you once again of course..

i do like the sg..i do like the strat but i still dream of the double 24..in time i will get another im sure.

i had an oppertunity with a guy om ebay,,and in ontario but both were trying to play me by making me add cash plus pay for shipping when they obviously knewthat there were much less in value then mine

now im not trying anymore
ill just show patience and wait,,besides believe it or not ive done a kijiji canada search,,and in the ENTIRE country only 4 are being sold..great guitars but not very praised im afraid..

thanks again col.

likea45

Reaction score
Silverburst SG is more rare. Whichever plays best to you is the choice. Obviously I'd say the SG but I'm biased.

Col Mustard

Reaction score
I agree with 45... it's how the guitar plays and feels.
That's what your remember about your long lost lady love, the double cut.

But IMHO, the SG will do whatever another Gibson will do. Only better.
It doesn't have 24 frets, that's all. But I've never thought this was a handicap.
I never play up that high on the dusty end, even with guitars that have 24.
If you can't do it with 22 frets, you prolly can't do it with 24.

So I hope that you play your SG long and hard, and develop the same feelings
for it that I have for mine. Good luck with it.

eTVee

Reaction score
Okay, hi guys! Am new here. Just scored on a silverburst:

Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
on April 16th, 2000
Production Number: 253

The seller thought it was a 2008

Am curious about the bottom pickup though - straight chrome & no screws.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

flognoth

Reaction score
Am curious about the bottom pickup though - straight chrome & no screws.

I don't believe the bridge pickup is original to that guitar. I could be wrong, but it looks like a previous owner installed it. Doesn't mean it is a bad thing. If you like the sound that's all that matters.

Col Mustard

Reaction score
welcome to ETSG, eTVee...

and congratulations on getting an excellent guitar.
The bridge pickup is a replacement of some kind.
Play it hard, play it loud, and then you'll know if the
sound is for you.

Every player makes up their own mind about pickups.
So you get to enjoy what the previous owner decided to install.
Then you get to either keep it or install something else, based
on your own preferences and budget.

I'd give the previous owner's choice a good workout, and listen
carefully, and while you're doing that, read up on pickups right
here on this forum. In order to see what that pickup actually is,
you'll have to remove the pick guard (and the bridge). Then you'll get a good look at the bottoms of BOTH p'ups. In 2000 the SG Standard was equipped with Gibson's 490R neck p'up and
498T bridge pickup. An excellent set.

I'd play it a good deal before taking it apart. Just to see what the guitar can do. Whenever I buy a used guitar, that's what I do.
I'll remove the old strings, and clean it thoroughly and install the
strings I prefer. Then put it through its paces, and see if it can
make its place in my music.

Good luck, and let's see some more silver burst pix
April 2017@100.jpg

eTVee

Reaction score
Thanks Col!
Took your advice and poked around on ebay and found out this rather odd pickup may be a real nice upgrade. The previous owner also switched-out the tuners. Have contacted Gibson about it and they think it is this 2007.

Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
on January 10th, 2007
Production Number: 253

It looks almost identical to the one above.

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600e.jpg

s-l1600f.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Gibbo SG

Reaction score
Try and look beyond the SiverBurst. All She have something to offer and you hate to miss out on a good one because of the color.

eTVee

Reaction score
Yeah, think it was a repair where the first zero in the number was obscured by a refinish. Don't really care too much about that if it plays nice.

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Is that a repair or are Gibson at last reinforcing their headstocks?

I believe Gibson has re-issued The Volute, in a vain attempt to strengthen this area of the SG neck. Dunno if they carve The Volute into the necks of other models, but they probably do.
Volute@100.jpg
I have one on the back of the neck of my 2012 SG special '70s tribute, but not on my 2007 SG faded special. But we see plenty of '70s SGs with old breaks repaired, Volute or not. Tonally it makes no difference that I can hear.

Latest posts