2019 Epiphone SG Pro (custom shop) info?

mrkmpn

Reaction score
I got this from guitar center earlier today, (ship to store) and just noticed on the back of the headstock it says "Limited Edition Epiphone Custom Shop". I was wondering if that's just what they put on the Pros of that year or is there something different about it? It has the coil splitting, but I was under the impression all the pros have had that for awhile, but I've also seen pics online of sg pros that don't have that silk screened on the back.

DrBGood

Reaction score
That stamp was on 95% of all electric Epiphone from 2006 to 2017. Purely marketing. Epiphone never had a Custom Shop and a limited series could be that they stopped at ... 10,000 units.

2018-2019 were transitional years before the Inspired by Gibson series came out. Maybe they let go of the stamp somewhere in that period. I have a 2018 LP Special that is not in any catalog or ad. Even Epiphone can't give me the hour of day on it.

mrkmpn

Reaction score
Thanks, I keep trying to reply directly to your comment but it keeps telling my something is spam-like or inappropriate, and I got tired of trying to figure out what it was.

njpaulc

Reaction score
Epiphone advertised that the Elite series were made in their Custon Shop in Japan. Wether it exists or wether your SG were made there is anybodies guess, but it's a big business risk to lie about something so inconsequential.

mrkmpn

Reaction score
Epiphone advertised that the Elite series were made in their Custon Shop in Japan. Wether it exists or wether your SG were made there is anybodies guess, but it's a big business risk to lie about something so inconsequential.
Well, right under the custom shop logo is a "Hand crafted in China" sticker, so it's not one of those.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
I’ve read the Elite series “approaches custom shop perfection” and “they're made at a special factory devoted to their manufacture”.
That doesn’t specifically say custom shop and it only refers to that series.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score

"Custom Shop" is not a legally recognized or binding term. I can legally call my shed a Custom Shop.

PeteR

Reaction score
Epiphone advertised that the Elite series were made in their Custon Shop in Japan.

They were made at the FujiGen-factory

Basicly Custom-shop level - compared to mass-production.....

papagayo

Reaction score
The Epiclone Custom shop exist in your dreams, no more.

Latest posts