A cool vintage Gibson amp, for CHEAP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Bad Penguin, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Bad Penguin

Bad Penguin Well-Known Member

Hey all, the other day I found this in a local pawn shop for.... wait for it, ….. wait for it..... $50 USD!!!!!!!!!!
    Early 70's G10. Solid State, trem, bass and treble, and on/off volume switch. the more I play this little 10 watt monster, the more I enjoy it. I have noticed that it REALLY prefers lower output pickups. My 64 Gretsch corvette, 62 Silvertone/Danelectro, and 77 Aria Pro ES700 with the A2 pickups sings thru it! Any pickups over 10K, tends to loose definition.

GEDC1147.JPG

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

What Gibson product can you get for $50 ? A dozen picks ? 2 strings ? A sticker ? Maybe a knob if you're lucky ?

You made great !

3. Hola Vibrola

Hola Vibrola Member

Sweet, finds and at a price like this have become more rare, congrats! Wonder how a harmonica would sound try that thing ....

4. dub-setter

dub-setter Well-Known Member

..noice..

5. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Was fortunate enough to pick up the 10 & a G20 back 7-8 years ago. I've been duly impressed with the tone & break-up characteristics along with the Reverb quality. They just don't sound thin or fizzy like a lot of cheap SS amps tend to sound like. Not sure as to why they behave the way they do when cranked hard but they can really sound fantastic in a Classic Rock'n Roll kind of way. Go figure.

Enjoy that G10 buddy.

6. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Member

Nice looking amp for sure! I would have dislocated the sellers arm taking that deal. Any tremelo amp has my immediate attention even though I don't use that feature much. When you want it though, tremelo that is built into the amp is tough to beat. Those amps usually just sound great too, tremelo on or off. I take it as a sign of engineering artistry that bodes well for the rest of the amp.