A Work In Progress.

Alanbama

Reaction score
I’m in the process of setting up a recording studio in my home. So far I have a Mackie 12 track mixer, an Alesis drum machine which has pretty good bass sounds in it, my Boss GX-100 for guitars, a Tascam 8 track digital recorder, and my Headrush FRFR-108’s for monitors. Maybe not the best setup but it actually sounds pretty darn good. And it’s a blast to play with! I’ll post some pics when I get it set up properly. This is mostly for song writing and jamming fun. I have a new Tascam 24 track porta studio recorder at my best friend’s house next door and he has a great PA and all for serious recording. Anyway, I just thought I’d share it with you all.

Bad Penguin

Reaction score
I have a corner of my guitar room I use. I use recording programs since 1) I don't have the room for a physical recorder and 2) I am a dinosaur and use the same program I have used for the last 22 years! Besides, I can see the waveform and make edits on it with ease, as compared to a hard drive recorder.

I tend to use a lot of synth, but don't play keys at all, so thank God for Roland! Drums, I use a Korg Electribe R mk2, run into a Roland Sound Canvas and a Alesis SR16 for drum voices. The Korg, while not really suited for rock, is simple to program, and works well with MIDI.

The GR55 has some great voices and simulations that can be quite good, But still prefer to use a real guitar most of the time. Got a Korg, buried under the AKAI, that I use for arpeggiations and voices. And an ancient Proteus 1. (Dated but usable. Great piano too!) Behind all that is a Behringer 1202 mixer, to a Focusrit Scarlet 2 interface. For monitor, and for recording real guitar, the Yamaha THR10. And yes, I use and LOVE my Roland G-707 guitar, no matter how politically incorrect it is to have such an 80's looking guitar! (And yes, it's a bit of a mess right now, sorry)

Looking forward to seeing yours!
20220806_192436.jpg

Alanbama

Reaction score
That’s really cool man. I’ve still got a whole lot to learn. All of this equipment is still new to me so I don’t know that much about programming it yet. About 20 years ago I wrote several songs and recorded them but back then I was using a Tascam 4 track cassette recorder and a Korg drum machine that I was extremely familiar with. I had an inexpensive keyboard that belonged to a friend and my trusty Gibson Les Paul Custom. Those were the days…:dude:

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
I used to tape over the top holes of a crappy band cassette and record over it using a boom box. No need to buy blank tapes! I used it to work out melodies in my head.
Fun stuff.
Enjoy!