ABR-1 on Nashville posts (CME SG Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by BDoubleG, Sep 22, 2021.

1. BDoubleG

BDoubleG New Member

Hey everyone, big lurker, but reasonably rare poster. Hoping you guys can help me out!

I picked up a Chicago Music Exchange SG in Kerry Green a couple weeks ago (mandatory photo tax):

[​IMG]

One thing I find super interesting is that it has an ABR-1 bridge, but the posts go into studs like a Nashville, and not directly into the wood:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if this is an aftermarket option? I haven’t had an opportunity to measure the distance between posts yet, but if it does fit, I’d be super interested in this for some other guitars.

Thanks!

2. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

ruster1 likes this.
  3. BDoubleG

BDoubleG New Member

Very cool - thanks!

So should I then assume that whatever Gibson is using on this market is aftermarket (similar to having TonePros on the recent Les Paul Standards)?

papagayo likes this.
  4. papagayo

I don' t have a 2020/2021 SG but components on these are the same than aftermarket parts :

https://www.philadelphialuthiertool...n-gibson-guitar-with-nashville-bridge-nickel/

With Faber® iNsert™ studs SG body and threaded shafts are united, that make a big difference for vibrations, sustain and feeling.
    My SG Special with Faber adapters and Gibson® ABR-1 bridge (brass saddles)

SG Faded 112.jpg

5. MR D

MR D Active Member

Interesting, I can not tell but do those bridge posts have a Hex head top so as to adjust it w/Allen Key?..I have to look next time I get my '19 SG Standard w/Maestro out but IIR correctly the ABR-1 on that one doesn't have the Hex heads...not a big dealio but I do have to loosen the string tension to adjust the string height.

What pickups are in that Bad-Boy ? Sharp Axe there Bro.

papagayo likes this.
  6. papagayo

Thanks, pickups are Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1, very good PAF humbuckers for a cool price.

7. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member