Almost new mid 90's Bandit 112

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by DrBGood, Nov 19, 2020.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Got this one for a small amount of dinero. Seller was original owner !

It has the Sheffield 12" and the footswitch is included.

Back of chassis: ground switch, external speaker, footswitch, power amp input, preamp out. Effect loop on front panel. All pots need cleaning, but the rest is pristine !

Played it a bit last night. Cleans are beautiful and rich. It will make a great amp for pedals. Have only skimmed the gain side, that could take some taming.

20-11-19.jpg

2. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

I have a PEAVEY Bandit 112 Sheffield at home, Transtube technology give a very good sound, awesome combo.

Gibby 015.jpg

3. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

My Sheffield equipped Bandit 112 remains the only amp I ever purchased new (1989). It was my first "big boy" amp that was loud enough to play with a band indoors or out, and remains my default choice for playing gigs. I would best describe it as a "very capable amp". It is affordable, sounds quite good with all my guitars (single coil or humbucker, hollow or solid body, and even electroacoustics), is flexible over a wide range of musical styles and tones, takes pedals well, is built like a tank, and in short has never disappointed or let me down. I have even used it on keyboards with good results. I have amps that are louder, sound better for select applications, have more "mojo" or what have you, but the Bandit is a solid reliable performer that has never let me down or made me look bad. That counts for a LOT in my book.

For all of the above reasons I would classify the Bandit 112 as one of my most essential amps. Even though I will happily buy and use other amps, I don't foresee ever selling or retiring the Bandit 112. I just can't come up with a single complaint after owning one for 31 years.

DrBGood likes this.
  4. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

Nice score! Love a good Bandit. My opinion is that if you don’t think your Bandit sounds good, the problem is probably not the amp. :rofl:

Westernrider, Go Nigel Go and DrBGood like this.
  5. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Well-Known Member

I sold one a while back for $10 profit, which I hadn’t dun that.

one of the best amps out there at any price.

DrBGood and Go Nigel Go like this.
  6. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I'm really having fun with this. I'll try to use the 2X12" cab without the internal speaker.
    Why ? Why not ...

If it's conclusive, I might turn it into a Bandit head. Put this or something similar on it as a logo :)

[​IMG]

7. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Heres my Peavey Backstage, got in 1980 my first amp. :yesway:

[​IMG]

8. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

Nice score.. I picked up a Bandit 65 years ago for $ 50.. great pedal platform.. its an 82 I believe with the Scorpion speaker.. its a bit on the brittle side so have to keep the treble in check.. and really pushes air when cranked.. I have heard that if you play on the clean channel and forget the T-dynamics pot (zero).. it breaks up like an old Marshall.. but my ears cant handle that now.. my Bandit 65 is pre- T-dynamics tube emulation thingy..

9. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Member

Double post!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Gene Machine and DrBGood like this.
  11. vancouverois

vancouverois Member

I had a Bandit 112 Sheffield, I kept it for years.
    Very nice and versatile amp, sold it this summer to make room for a tube amp.
    The transtube technology is very like tube sounding, the Sheffield speaker is also quite nice.

112Front640.jpg

My first amp was a Peavey Backstage Plus, still have this one.

Front640.jpg

12. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

I came close to getting a Bandit 112. It's a nice amp. I ended up with a Bugera V5 because it was much cheaper. I like tubes as well.

13. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Member

Back in the day, our keys player had a TNT 130, and a early Bandit 112. She also played guitar, so I ran synth, piano, and guitar into a mini mixer, and on to the TNT, which had a crossover. The Bandit took care of the high frequencies, and the TNT covered the bottom, really worked out well for all her instruments!

14. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

I had a mid nineties Prowler (tube amp becoming rare)...it was actually very good. It basically looked the same as yours. The Bandits are generally good amps, some like different years better or worse...i think they're all pretty good.

DrBGood likes this.
  15. Jhuttyhut

Jhuttyhut New Member

Man, this brings back some memories. I had an identical Bandit. It was my second amp I had ever owned. It was a Christmas present along with an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. I thought I was hot stuff with that rig. The Peavey Bandit is still my favorite solid state amp I’ve ever played. That thing sounded great. Many years later after I’d long since become a tube snob, I sold it to help fund something else. Still regret it to this day.