AMPKIT & iPad

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Harley Smith, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Harley Smith

Harley Smith Member

Anyone else out using Ampkit on an iPad? I love this setup. So many amps and effects to choose from. Recording plus playing along with songs on iTunes or backing tracks. I have the Ampkit link plus Somuus midi interface ( You can control synths on your iPad with your guitar. )

2. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

i have it but haven't tried to really use it yet. glad to see someone else talking about it.

do you have any tips for how a newb with this thing can get started? i have a lot of experience in recording studios, but none where I'm trying to be the engineer AND the performer at the same time.

3. Tiger

Tiger New Member

I have both the Ampkit link and the iRig and I prefer the Ampkit link as a whole you do get less feedback and I think the tone is a little better using it.

4. Heket

Heket Well-Known Member

I keep reading AMPKIT as ARMPIT :(

I'm one of those dullards who has an Android and it's a phone, not a tablet, but I'd be interested to see if something similar pops up for a phone. Or maybe my parents will stop dithering and get an ipad and I can nip over and borrow it on occasion. They actually offered to buy me one as a birthday present once so I can use it for my digital artwork but I declined as that's a lot of money for a glorified sketchbook. But if I can find other uses for it I may look into getting one myself.