An actual upgrade...

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
This...

Plus this....

I just won the harmonica bridge off eBay. I may even have use for the fubared tailpiece... I kinda like it.

I ordered a complete metric bridge just in case the harmonica posts are metric, as I need to get rid of this roller crap bridge on my strat...

Huntroll

Reaction score
Why is the bridge angled the wrong way on the strat ?
Previous owner left handed ?
Also the bridge needs to be turned around so the string tension pushes the adjustment screws and rollers tight as possible to minimize buzz and rattle.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Intonates perfectly with plenty of adjustment in either direction.

bridge can face either have direction so why would I have the intonation screws facing the tension bar of the bigsby?

Rattles happen when they are disassembled improperly and the retention wire or c clips are lost..

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
I will need to change the bushings, the schaller is metric.

strat just needs the radius set.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
I like to get my projects done at about the one year mark…

I’m going to look for some 5 ply to clean up the guards. Ended up with just one exposed old screw hole.

MR D

Reaction score
I like to get my projects done at about the one year mark…

I’m going to look for some 5 ply to clean up the guards. Ended up with just one exposed old screw hole.

WOW, I likes it....been lookin 4 1 of those good ole HARMONICA Bridges for a while.... that was stock on the original guitar? ! I thought it might be a different guitar for a second, between the top and bottom pics...it looks like the DELUXE (was that the name in '71 ?) w/Les Paul Pick-Guard does it have a rear control cavity/cover ? The no bevels makes it a '71 ? B3 , Mini HB's, 1st Fret In-Lay, Harmonica , LP PG..definitely not a common everyday SG...screeems too, eh ? I'm thinkin its a '71 but IDK...what year is that BAD-A$$ ?

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
WOW, I likes it....been lookin 4 1 of those good ole HARMONICA Bridges for a while.... that was stock on the original guitar? ! I thought it might be a different guitar for a second, between the top and bottom pics...it looks like the DELUXE (was that the name in '71 ?) w/Les Paul Pick-Guard does it have a rear control cavity/cover ? The no bevels makes it a '71 ? B3 , Mini HB's, 1st Fret In-Lay, Harmonica , LP PG..definitely not a common everyday SG...screeems too, eh ? I'm thinkin its a '71 but IDK...what year is that BAD-A$$ ?

It‘s a fake deluxe, 2018 special.

rear route, cost me way less than 1/3 the price of a real deluxe.

I always wanted a real one but I’m not willing to pay the prices.

AND the real ones only come with a non branded horseshoe bigsby, not the b3.

I’ll change the jack end of the D guard when I get the new material.

Last edited:

MR D

Reaction score
It‘s a fake deluxe, 2018 special.

rear route, cost me way less than 1/3 the price of a real deluxe.

I always wanted a real one but I’m not willing to pay the prices.

AND the real ones only come with a non branded horseshoe bigsby, not the b3.

I’ll change the jack end of the D guard when I get the new material.

Good work, NICE ONE ! I could not tell in the 1st pic if the cutouts were bevelled.....it sure has the '71 Deluxe look, no doubt. I was going to look up the specs on the '71 but I'm too lazy, IDK if '71's had Mini-hummers and 1st fret-inlay.
The prices of the older Gibson's is truly ridiculous to me, especially if what I heard is correct. That being that the late 1950's to late 1960's Models don't sound any different/better than the newer 2017-2022 Gibson guitars of the same model....I did an A/B w/my '18 ES-335 Trad and it blew the strings off of a 1960 'Dot' 335......the '18's MHS Pickup's are BAD-A$$ ..I'll keep my CA$H too.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Wow, did you leave the Box on the back of the headstock (if it ever had one) ?....I just got rid of one of those contraptions, it was G-Force, not th MIN E Tune and it worked perfectly....... I give GIBSON credit for it at least working as advertised. No Diver-itis either..

my 2018 hp Flying V came with the e tuners, I sold them for $200.

I got the truss rod cover from a member here, and absolutely love it.

this one just came with the standard deluxe type

MR D

Reaction score
my 2018 hp Flying V came with the e tuners, I sold them for $200.

I got the truss rod cover from a member here, and absolutely love it.

this one just came with the standard deluxe type
LOL, someone actually paid big $$$ for those things (who knew?)....NICE ONE for you !! I couldn't get those things off a guitar fast enough.

papagayo

Reaction score
I' m not a Norlin fan but your Gibson SG looks really cool. If you can mount a Les Paul pickguard and a control plate that' s great .

Latest posts