Another 'new guy' who's really an 'old guy'!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Tom Dickinson, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Tom Dickinson

Tom Dickinson New Member

Greetings to fellow forum members! As stated in the subject line, I'm a 'new guy' to this forum, but an 'old guy' in terms of years on the planet! I've been at this 'guitar' game since I was a kit, and that was over half a century ago, so I've probably got a bit of experience under my belt, along with a good many beers!! I've been down the road of playing in bands, working on guitars and amps, and even 'collecting' and reselling.......but now have more or less just settled down and play for my own enjoyment. I also 'build' amps, not for a living, but for friends and my own enjoyments. I do a little 'clone' of the Tweed Champ and Tweed Princeton amps that's a 'chassis only' version, and I'll grab a pic or two to post here. Great for running through any speaker cabinet of your choice! Anyway, I'm a die-hard fan of the SG, and own perhaps of dozen of 'em. Kind of lost count, as I've also become kind of enamored with the Les Paul Double-Cut. I've been trying to strike a deal on a SG Jr, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for yet.....price being a bit of an object. At my age, and no longer being gainfully employed, my 'buying power' is significantly limited. Maybe I'll build a few more champ clones and maybe I can sell 'em and raise the cash for my SG Jr. I'd also like to find an old Firebrand SG!! Until then, I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with members here, sharing info, and maybe even finding a 'local' who's up for a beer or cup of coffee! I'm an avid motorcyclist and love to 'day-trip' about anywhere.......and have been known to travel hundreds of miles just to shake a guys hand! It's all good! Life is short, and it's for the living! So, grab what you can while you can, and remember, you can't take it with you! So, I need to take my own advice and quit 'hording'! Thanks to all who read this..........good luck, good health, and hope to hear from a few of you soon! Tom D.

Attached Files:

2. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

Hi and welcome to the forum! :cheers: You are pretty much where I am as a player. Been around the block a few times, and I hope I have one more good bar band left in me.

3. Bert Scrogshaw

Bert Scrogshaw Member

Hello and welcome.....from an old guy from Scotland.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021