Artist you most associate with the SG?

rotorhead

Reaction score
Speaking of Buck Dharma, Eric Bloom always seemed to be sporting that black SG back in the day, too.

Last edited:

ypnos

Reaction score
Angus, Tony, Pete and Frank...

Then in the stoner doom universe there's plenty of SG players: Orchid, Purson, Mos Generator, Kadavar, Horisont...

Let me say this is the face of a real SG fkn player! Dave Chandler from the great Saint Vitus with a badass Norlin era SG :dude:
View attachment 29486

Hey please don't be offendem by my message, posting my observation just for fun.

Was listening to saint vitus some days ago, and my response to this band is that this guy can't play the guitar. haha. his attempts at soloing are epic fails, hahahaha

Don'[t get me wrong, i'm into hard music, and all the bands you posted are great, but this guy... I believe that during solos, he does not even know what he is doing hahahahahaha

ypnos

Reaction score
@ypnos IMHO and fortunately good music does not depend on technical skills :cheers:

Yep, i agree, good music does not depend on technical skills, but some technical skills are required to play music, good or bad.

Solo starts at 02:22. First time my ears could not believe what i was listening to.

Anyway, sorry for the out of thread posts, was just listening to saint vitus a few days ago, so my shock is still fresh.

Love all the other bands you posted.

Orchid's guitar player plays an sg too. This guy definitely has it

:cheers:

ypnos

Reaction score
Heh that solo. Not the greatest ever but I cringe at Page's solo in the break of Heartbreaker, too.

Hah, heard it again after many many years and yeah i agree it's cringy and sloppy, haha.

But i wouldn't compare paige to this guy from saint vitus. The first is one of the most influential guitar players in the world, and as far as i am concerned he deserves it, and the latter's playing is not even coherent, it's not that it is not the greatest solo ever, it's not making any sense. Following no music theory, just pushing frets randomly, in his mind i'm pretty sure he thinks he is shredding! And the crowd goes crazy! Stoked. Now i've seen it all!

rotorhead

Reaction score
Nah no comparison between the two, just the two solos lol.

Hey if people like it and he's doing his thing, I won't knock it. Lord knows I've made worse sounds over the years :)

DangerousD

Reaction score
1st to come to my mind is Frank Marino... Mahogany Rush. Pic of Frank on back cover of Strange Univrse with SG is forever tattooed in my brain.

bwotw

Reaction score
Not really known as an SG player (he played BC Rich's in the early days)...

I've seen him with SG's often. I liked the SG shaped ESP he had with the Brazilian flag

213c4e6c233539ccec11623c2cf211bc.jpg

Not one, but TWO SG's ;)

Nailbomb (Max Cavalera/Alex Newport)

Man, I ADORE Nailbomb, think I like them even more than Sepultura. Just last month I recorded a cover of Wasting Away. Didn't choose my SG, though...

Reactions: lcw

TDA1966

Reaction score
US Festival 1983. Halfords scream at 3:27 is legendary.

Last edited:

Latest posts