B F G - Hardware

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Von Trapp, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

A little late in the game, considering it came out in June, I listened for the first time to Billy Gibbons latest solo effort Hardware. Holy sh!t, it hit me in the guts like nobody's business! This is easily the best record the Rev has played on since El Loco, man o man! He's even got some of those Tejas, Deguello, El Loco guitar sounds goin' on and for the first time since Tres Hombres he's got an album that's all killer - no filler.

Anyway, I just heard an interview with him where he talks about the recording of the album and what I absolutely loved was when he recounted how they had ended up in a studio in the middle of the desert without their regular gear and not thinking much of it, or making a big deal out of it, they just picked up whatever was laying around and went for it. His only option was an old Jazzmaster for example. Did he care? No, he's Billy Fckn Gibbons.

And I just thought Suck on that all you tone freaks.

Buy that album, or keep drowning in the wokeness the world keeps pushing down the heads of real men into....

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Me likee !

3. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

Glad to hear, and like is just the beginning! Wait until you've played it a couple of times.

Check out the chicks that play on Stackin' bones

Sick!!!