BAM BAM ! ! !

DrBGood

Reaction score
I bought it !
I now have one of each year of production of that model. I'll see which one I like the best and maybe just keep ... two.

DrBGood

Reaction score
1536592378.4196-smiley.gif
Another one ... 6 hours ago.

They must have dropped the container in town 15 years ago, or I live in a Twilight Zone.

$_59.JPG

PixMix

Reaction score
How much are they asking for them, if you don't mind sharing?

DrBGood

Reaction score
Between $300 and $350 CAD. Basically the same price as a regular G400. Sellers just don't know what they have. They think it's a common faded. They don't see the neck binding, or the non veneer body, or the one piece neck, or the gold logo on the headstock.

Got the one at the top of this post for $250. Got the my first one for $100 and the next one for $175.

I should go try a few Gibson to see how they compare.

SGfan84

Reaction score
Between $300 and $350 CAD. Basically the same price as a regular G400. Sellers just don't know what they have. They think it's a common faded. They don't see the neck binding, or the non veneer body, or the one piece neck, or the gold logo on the headstock.

Got the one at the top of this post for $250. Got the my first one for $100 and the next one for $175.

I should go try a few Gibson to see how they compare.

Common faded G400 SGs play and sound just as good from my experience, but all the more power to you!

Gibson SG necks are a totally different feel, apples and oranges... my Epiphones feel like their nuts are cut a lot lower than my Gibsons and the necks are narrower too.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Common faded G400 SGs play and sound just as good from my experience, but all the more power to you!
I'm not arguing that. I once had a cheap Jay Turser SG that played better than any guitar I've owned.

Have you tried/owned one of those Korean 2003-2005 ?

SGfan84

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that. I once had a cheap Jay Turser SG that played better than any guitar I've owned.

Have you tried/owned one of those Korean 2003-2005 ?

Not owned, but thanks to you I'm always keeping an eye out... no veneer looks mighty tasty. Those and the Gibson crescent moon faded models.

HackeIommi

Reaction score
Dr have you ever visited a shaman and took from him some kind of talisman recently? I can't find any explanation.

Congrats again btw :cheers:

DrBGood

Reaction score
Dr have you ever visited a shaman and took from him some kind of talisman recently? I can't find any explanation.
Congrats again btw :cheers:
Don't go thinking I'm buying them all there. I've got three for now. Haven't received the last one yet, that'll happen when I return to the main land mid September. It's been paid for and a friend is grabbing it for me this week.

My take on this, is that a local store had a great relationship with Epiphone in 2003-04 and 05, saw that G400 as a sure bet and ordered a bunch. But for all of those to suddently come on the market in a few days span ? I'll go buy a lottery ticket today before my luck runs out.

Brian Kenny

Reaction score
Nice scores so what are the signs that tell you of those years? It looks like you said gold writing ,binding and set neck . No veneer witch might be harder to see . I notice the Gibson true rod cover I have see some just say Sg ?

Latest posts