Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz mini review

Discussion in 'Effects' started by sneakerpimp, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Krosis

Krosis Well-Known Member

I think the Superfuzz was the first fuzz pedal I bought over a year ago when I was getting back into guitar playing. I just couldn't get it to sound right (I had a Fender Frontman 212 at the time). I also recently got a Behringer Tube Amp modeler which has a lot of potential but creates a lot of feedback (could be the pedal, could be my room, not sure).

One thing I noticed about both these pedals is that after turning up the dirt enough, there seems to be what I call a "farty" sound to the distortion. That's probably not a good term but there is a flatness or a digital sounding mudiness to the tone after a certain level.

I ended up selling the fuzz. Oh well.

2. sneakerpimp

sneakerpimp Member

not yet, i had to re-wire some stuff and i haven't plugged in in a few weeks... i'll def check that out!

3. sneakerpimp

sneakerpimp Member

i can get up to 2~3 o'clock before the tone starts to really head south.

i have noticed my '82 is A LOT more finicky at pairing up with other equipment, versus my '06 Gothic II EMG... it didn't make nice with some exceptional pedals i spent years acquiring.

4. Dadou

Dadou Well-Known Member

Behringer makes great stuff at a reasonable price I think. As a university student and therefore, always kinda penniless, even buying a boss pedal is a relevant investment. If it's cheap and it sounds good, (and also easy to find in Europe), then I go for it. Luckily, im more of a guitar-straight-into-the-amp kinda guy.

I haven't had any experience with their pedals yet, but I've recently bought an audio interface (uca222 which I got for only 24 € on thomann, on Wade's advice) and it works great! Yep, thanks Wade! =)
    Plus, I am really craving for the behringer VM1!
    Behringer VM1 - Vintage Time Machine - Thomann UK

Ive also got interested in fuzz pedals lately, and I was wondering if it could be used in a gilmourish way or not.. can the OP tell me something about that? I have to say that I haven't been able to watch any video review yet, not even the one blacksg has posted

5. peter taft

peter taft Member

Glad i looked in here. The wife wanted to know what i wanted for Christmas, so i told her i was thinking of getting the Behringer FX600 {Delay etc} I had read a few reviews good/bad, but the good seems to be the norm. Reading this thread, i can see that there are more good reports {bar 1 failure}, so me thinks i will have the 600 under the tree this year :) Be loud :dude:

6. Alex_SG

Alex_SG Well-Known Member

Just been playing some old classic Rolling Stones stuff, namely Satisfaction and Paint It Black.
    The Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz on the second fuzz setting is just awesome for the opening riff in Satisfaction. I can't recall if a strat was used in the original recordings, but my old faithful G400 running through the super fuzz to the Ibanez TSA5 does a pretty good rendition

7. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Jees Pete, my wife said I wasn't affectionate enough so I got another {SG }, I mean another woman :dunno: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just kidding , good move~:)