Biddlin' Foster

OlderGuy

Reaction score
Biddlin' died this morning. He is my brother. He will be kindly remembered and grieved by many. His humor and goodness will be missed and he will not be soon forgotten.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. My condolences, and sorry for your loss. He was a great contributor to this forum and others.

pancake81

Reaction score
OlderGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to stop in and let the fine members of ETSG know of the unfortunate passing of Biddlin. I think I speak for all of us when I say the unexpected communication from you is welcomed and was not anticipated.

Your brother was a great member and contributor of this forum. He was often notoriously active on the board, and shared a great wealth of knowledge with newbies and as well as grey hairs. He knew his stuff. And he had a predictable way of not believing any BS others blew his way, lol. Those were my personal favourite posts. Although I never met him face to face, I have been communicating online with him for damn near a decade. Often reading his posts more than I spoke to old friends; hard to believe really. I will always remember him as a man that knew his business and was happy to step in and get to the root of a question or comment. Not sure on your relationship, but I don't recall his style to accommodate much hypothetical or half truths. He blended the line of being punctual, but also taking new comers under his wing and extending a sense of kindness and approach-ability.

His family, friends and his online communities will experience a great loss on this day. But let us not focus on how things will be without him, but rather, how he helped shape and influence the people and places he chose to invest his efforts and time.

I am not sure if you have access to his account OlderGuy, but I had just sent him a PM but only a week ago. Never did hear back... The first sign that things might be amiss.

Sincerely,
PC81

Huntroll

Reaction score
Man, was I dreading this post.
He was the heart and soul of this forum site.
I don't suppose that it could be renamed -
"Biddlin's ESG" ?

smitty_p

Reaction score
This is tough news. Every now and then Bid and I would PM each other. I know he had health issues and, sad to say, I’ve sort of been expecting this.

My deepest condolences to you and your family, @OlderGuy .

deMelo

Reaction score
I can't describe how sad I am. Biddlin was a good friend of mine, definitely a special human being with an incisive intelligence and keen wits. A solid personality, which not everyone got along well in guitar forums, perhaps exactly because he wouldn't tolerate what he didn't accept.

I'll miss him a lot.

Goodbye, my friend. You'll be remembered as a good brother of mine.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
OMG, I was just thinking about Biddlin and his Bad azz Hand Pinstriped N225 guitar this morning. Now I am saddened terribly to hear this news.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
This is tough news. Every now and then Bid and I would PM each other. I know he had health issues and, sad to say, I’ve sort of been expecting this.

My deepest condolences to you and your family, @OlderGuy .

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I really liked him - his acerbic wit suited my English temperament perfectly. Condolences to all of his family and friends. We are all a little poorer for his passing.

As has been said by 2 of our fellow members and many others so far, My condolences to you and your family, Yup Bro Bid, here's some levity in your honor. Butthurt Balm just for you. RIP sir.

njpaulc

Reaction score
I can't believe i am sitting here fighting back tears for someone i knew only on an internet forum. I am sincerely sorry for your loss

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
OlderGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to stop in and let the fine members of ETSG know of the unfortunate passing of Biddlin. I think I speak for all of us when I say the unexpected communication from you is welcomed and was not anticipated.

Your brother was a great member and contributor of this forum. He was often notoriously active on the board, and shared a great wealth of knowledge with newbies and as well as grey hairs. He knew his stuff. And he had a predictable way of not believing any BS others blew his way, lol. Those were my personal favourite posts. Although I never met him face to face, I have been communicating online with him for damn near a decade. Often reading his posts more than I spoke to old friends; hard to believe really. I will always remember him as a man that knew his business and was happy to step in and get to the root of a question or comment. Not sure on your relationship, but I don't recall his style to accommodate much hypothetical or half truths. He blended the line of being punctual, but also taking new comers under his wing and extending a sense of kindness and approach-ability.

His family, friends and his online communities will experience a great loss on this day. But let us not focus on how things will be without him, but rather, how he helped shape and influence the people and places he chose to invest his efforts and time.

I am not sure if you have access to his account OlderGuy, but I had just sent him a PM but only a week ago. Never did hear back... The first sign that things might be amiss.

Sincerely,
PC81
Well said, RIP Biddlin...

Biddlin

Reaction score
From Biddlin's son: Thank all of you for your kind words. This community meant a lot to him. He'd hoped to write, or at least dictate, a final post himself but didn't have the chance. I'm almost certain it would have been a thousand times better if he could have goodbye in his words. We had all hoped to have more time with him but instead we have to cherish the memories we have of the time we did have. I'd like to think that Dad's up there playing an axe right now, rockin' out the Heavens so much it splits the Almighty's eardrums. RIP Dad.

jtees4

Reaction score
WOW very sorry to hear this news...RIP Biddlin, knew you here and a few other places. You will be missed.

Last edited:

sazista

Reaction score
wow. sorry to hear this. Yes, he was an integral component of the forums, and we jousted back and forth at times, but I always appreciated his input. Peace to you!

rotorhead

Reaction score
Sad to hear. I always liked his posts and the edge he had. Much love to the family during this time.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
Holy sh!t, I just saw this. That makes me very sad. We didn't always agree but I'll sure miss the color he added to this site. He knew what he was talking about and he shared his knowledge freely. Is there anything better a man can do?

Bad Penguin

Reaction score
Like Von, I just saw this, and my heart is heavy. Again, he and I had our spats, but it was always done respectfully. I wish that his friends and family peace and solace.

Saintjonah

Reaction score
Man, I haven't been around here in years. Just happened to stop by and wanted to see what old Biddlin was up to. This is really sad to hear. Not much better than making a post and getting a "Like" from Biddlin. Really sorry for your loss. He was a real dude.

Latest posts