Big News - I'm going to Iraq!

TNT

Reaction score
No real notice here, they just said that they needed volunteers and I really couldn't say no. I'm not sure how this will affect my moderator status but I will be able to have access to the internet so I'll be able to keep up with the fun here.

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
I think you will have a lto more important things to think about T then your Mod Status at ETSG. And you better think more of those things so you can get your rear back here in one piece. A good friend just returned a couple of months ago and he was able to internet but not on that regular a basis.......

Do you have any other details you can pass on................?

TNT

Reaction score
Getting activated from the National Guard. My job will possibly be infantry/convoy security.

axmaker

Reaction score
from another former dirt chewer, keep your ears up and your head down. good luck man..........

oldrockfan

Reaction score
ouch, I know an army reservist that was a tank driver but when activated ended up gunner in a hummer. Lets just say it was not fun for him and I saw about 200 pics when he came back and some blew my mind. Sandstorms so thick they blotted out the sun for example. Also lots of fragged hummers as well as plenty of bad guy vehicles. Hopefully things have settled down fighting wise but still be careful. If you have internet access, send us some pics (if mil will let ya).

Larry

Reaction score
Lawn Giland, New Yawk (as we natives call it)
I spent a year of my life in a combat zone. The best advice I can give is keep your eyes and ears open at all times..........Don't imbibe in anything that may dull your senses..........If it looks slightly suspicious, be extremly cautious........Watch your buddies backs and they'll watch yours.

Follow this simple guideline and you'll be guaranteed a 100% safe and healthy return home!

All the best to you and keep us posted T!!

SG Lou

Staff Member
Reaction score
Congrat's Jack.................Make us proud !

I'l be praying for your safe return !

Ry-Guy

Reaction score
[quote author=74 Jailbreak link=topic=16186.msg204997#msg204997 date=1201889808]
Takes a special kind of bravery to do this. Again, good luck and safe return!
[/quote]

I agree 100%.. Takes a bigger, better man than I will ever be to do what you are doing! Stay safe!

alexrules43

Reaction score
[quote author=Larry link=topic=16186.msg204990#msg204990 date=1201886601]
I spent a year of my life in a combat zone. The best advice I can give is keep your eyes and ears open at all times..........If it looks slightly suspicious, be extremly cautious........
[/quote]
I second this!

Good luck T!

vkgphil

Reaction score
well that was depressing :-\

uh i dont really know what to sat tnt. for a man to have the conviction of belief to voluntarily put themselves in harms way to fight for that, well, i think it comes from deep within and deserves the complete and total respect from everyone. god speed. its a noble thing that you do.

Latest posts