Blues Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects' started by kaka, Sep 14, 2007.

1. kaka

kaka Member

[quote author=EveryMn link=topic=15002.msg194841#msg194841 date=1191140172]
    SRV. Hendrix was long dead by the time Ibanez was making tube screamers.
    [/quote]

see i was correct.

2. EveryMn

EveryMn Active Member

[quote author=kaka link=topic=15002.msg194843#msg194843 date=1191143416]
    see i was correct.
    [/quote]
    Actually, you weren't really, because you said you weren't sure.

If it wouldn't slide on Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, it won't slide for me.

3. Pacafeliz

Pacafeliz New Member

i'd recommend an old Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive any day. i've been using TWO of them for years now. one set to about 1/3 for a nice blues crunch. the other on full. turn them both on and it's a nice marshall-stack-ish distortion, without being to shrill or sythetic.

the OD-1 is great but there's too much bass loss. i had to retire that one.

---aaaaand it just so happens, yesterday i received an old (original made in england issue - i was lucky for about $30) black square Marshall BluesBreaker pedal. it's got less gain but it really has THAT delicious sound. use it in front of a half cranked amp and you're in HEAVEN i tell you!
    good luck!

Pat.

ps: i've heard FANTASTIC things about the Digitech Bad Monkey too. never played one, but they're supposed to be the best for the buck out there if you're on a TIGHT budget.

4. kaka

kaka Member

[quote author=Pacafeliz link=topic=15002.msg194909#msg194909 date=1191212554]
    i'd recommend an old Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive any day. i've been using TWO of them for years now. one set to about 1/3 for a nice blues crunch. the other on full. turn them both on and it's a nice marshall-stack-ish distortion, without being to shrill or sythetic.

the OD-1 is great but there's too much bass loss. i had to retire that one.

---aaaaand it just so happens, yesterday i received an old (original made in england issue - i was lucky for about $30) black square Marshall BluesBreaker pedal. it's got less gain but it really has THAT delicious sound. use it in front of a half cranked amp and you're in HEAVEN i tell you!
    good luck!

Pat.

ps: i've heard FANTASTIC things about the Digitech Bad Monkey too. never played one, but they're supposed to be the best for the buck out there if you're on a TIGHT budget.
    [/quote]

thanks man . ill surely check 'em out.

5. acstorfer

acstorfer Member

I had a tube screamer (TS9), which I liked alot, then I played with a Boss Blues Driver, but I picked up a Marshall Blues Breaker 2 ($65), never looked back at the Boss pedal and returned the tube screamer. It is my must use pedal now, I love it. Please really look into this pedal, it is a great pedal and not only just for the price. I liked it more than my TS9 for almost 3X the price.

6. 74 Jailbreak

74 Jailbreak Member

Blues Driver all the way. It'll give you a great range of tones for a great price!

7. acdcrocker

acdcrocker Member

IMO, stock BD-2's suck. The tone control is unusable and harsh, and the sound is tinny and thin. A Keeley modded BD-2 sounds way better but I still wouldnt go that route. I would suggest a Fulltone Fulldrive 2, a Tim or Timmy made by Paul Cochrane(little hard to find/long wait) or some sort of tubescreamer copy like the Cusack Screamer. If your on a strict budget, the Digitech Bad Monkey is basically a TS808 clone and would do the job fine for that compressed mid-hump sound.