Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2

Discussion in 'Effects' started by 74 Jailbreak, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 74 Jailbreak

74 Jailbreak Member

Just picked one up from under the Christmas tree!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331

I didn't really expect it to kill all my hum. I didn't really expect it to let me keep my tone. But dear God, this thing has given me the ability to play single coil guitars with distortion! It seriously removed all the hum and squeal from my sound! I'm shocked, to put it bluntly! I can take my hands of the neck... While playing my Mexican Strat on the bridge pup... And I get no unwanted feedback.

Guys, I think I'm in love! ;D

Update: After a day of testing, I've found something strange: No matter which pedals I use, as soon as I plug more than two in front of the Suppressor, the tone suck starts. As soon as I run it right into the amp, I have my normal tone back. The tone sucking seems to be a loss of the mids, which I've been able to dial out on my amp. Will report later with more info...

2. Ne_buddy

Ne_buddy Member

Thanks for the micro-review, JB. I've always wondered whether they suck tone. Looks like the send/return gives some flex too.

3. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

I used to have one, but response time was the issue I had with it.
    I have since gone to the ISP Decimator and it is perfect!!
    Problem with gifts is someone expects you to use it. ;)

4. jetlag

jetlag Member

I also had (have?) one. I think I've just lost it in my house somewhere. I think. :/

I agree with the fact that the response time isn't great, it either takes too long or just the signal off too soon. So usually I just used it to mute if anything.

If only I could find the thing to actually try it out!
    Plus I'd have quite a few pedals before and after it and probably would suck pretty bad. Hah!