bridge help.

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Arlabester, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

well i sent back my schaller 456, and it turns out that stupid sticking of the low e is on every one of their models in stock. >:(

so i give up that. i guess it was best not to have plastic in my bridge anyway.

so what is a bridge you guys would recommend? it needs to be at least 53 mm string spread, easy to restring, and max $75, also a fixed bridge.

i was looking at the hipshot baby grand, but im not sure. anyone have any experience, or a better recommendation?

btw, i told you i liked gibson tone. the guitar is going to be made of mahogany with a mahogany neck, and a paf pro in the bridge. gibson tone much?

2. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

nobody knows a bridge?

3. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

4. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=17723.msg218517#msg218517 date=1219461771]
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]

I'm selling one, PM me.

5. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

anyway.

can someone actually help me? i thought you guys would know your stud mount bridges the best...

6. Zeppelin Rules

Give us a bit more info. I don't know what a Shaller 456 looks like offhand and there are several different types of fixed bridges.

7. nmitchell076

nmitchell076 Member

true, in order for us to give you some help, we gotta know what style of bridge the one your replacing is.

But that being said, Tonepros makes some good bridges, tuneomatics with stopbars if you want actual gibson style stuff.

8. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

im not replacing a bridge... im building a guitar.

and i dont like string spacing thats that tiny. i need at least 53 mm. every other detail is there...

9. Zeppelin Rules

Well then make it more clear. I for one have no idea what kind of bridge you're installing. There are many different types of 53mm bridges. Please post a pic of the style you want or something.

10. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

[quote author=Arlabester link=topic=17723.msg218411#msg218411 date=1219293075]
    well i sent back my schaller 456, and it turns out that stupid sticking of the low e is on every one of their models in stock. >:(

so i give up that. i guess it was best not to have plastic in my bridge anyway.

so what is a bridge you guys would recommend? it needs to be at least 53 mm string spread, easy to restring, and max $75, also a fixed bridge.
    i was looking at the hipshot baby grand, but im not sure. anyone have any experience, or a better recommendation?

btw, i told you i liked gibson tone. the guitar is going to be made of mahogany with a mahogany neck, and a paf pro in the bridge. gibson tone much?
    [/quote]thats all you need right there. i dont really have any other requirements.

11. Zeppelin Rules

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These all fit that requirement except perhaps string spacing, but theres no way they could all fit on the same guitar. Now do you see my point?

12. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

is that nonsense bucket full?

13. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

i know, thats what im asking for. lmao.

thats the point.

the guitar hasnt been built, the body hasnt been routed... nothing. i want to know bridge styles that can work on my guitar.

14. Zeppelin Rules

Well perhaps you could have indicated that in the OP. Like common you wonder why people are loath to help you, if you had just said that the first time I asked we could have avoided all this unnecessary banter. Any of those bridges that I posted would work then, what kind of bridge do you feel most comfortable with? Gibson style where its pretty far from the guitar or Fender style where its very close to the body? We can recommend stuff all day long but if you don't like it it amounts to nothing.

15. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

well i would like a combination tailpiece/bridge that isnt wraparound. and no "moving pieces" (ie a hardtail).

16. Zeppelin Rules

So something like a string through bridge?

17. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

[quote author=Zeppelin Rules link=topic=17723.msg218651#msg218651 date=1219631608]
    So something like a string through bridge?
    [/quote]yeah, as long as its not a single TOM. i had a guitar and i hated it.

18. nmitchell076

nmitchell076 Member

did you get the Gibson TOM though? I don't like that either, but there are other people who make TOM style bridges (IE, tonepros), that I think are much better than stock Gibsons.

what didn't you like about the TOM?

19. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

[quote author=nmitchell076 link=topic=17723.msg218744#msg218744 date=1219792794]
    did you get the Gibson TOM though? I don't like that either, but there are other people who make TOM style bridges (IE, tonepros), that I think are much better than stock Gibsons.

what didn't you like about the TOM?
    [/quote]it was an ibanez and a carvin, so no.

it just felt wimpy to me. that it was going to give out at any minute. it didnt give me enough feeling for chunk.

i think i want a high end hardtail.