Can anyone help me identify this SG?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by JakeSG, Jun 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JakeSG

JakeSG New Member

Hey guys, trying to work out the exact model of this SG, initially thought it might be a special due to the neck inlays but honestly any help would be much appreciated, in this exact colour way too :)

Attached Files:

2. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

SG Special
    Finish color is cream.

More than likely a 1999-2000 Limited Edition with ebony board that was modified where someone changed the guard from black to white, changed the gold hardware to chrome and pups were either replaced or chrome covers added to the stock open coils. Bridge changed from ABR-1 to Nashville.

I have not seen any SG Specials with humbuckers finished in cream since the limited edition run from 1999-2000.

There was a 2007 SG Special Faded in white, but the one in question is obviously cream with gloss finish.

I had a 2000 SG Special in the past with cream finish. Changed the gold hardware to chrome and added chrome covers to stock open coils. The neck pup cavity had the finish color initials “CR”.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    JakeSG likes this.
  3. JakeSG

JakeSG New Member

Thanks so much man! Lifesaver, really appreciate you taking the time to reply, have a great day :)

cerebral gasket likes this.