Checkin in from westen Kentucky

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Igonuts, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Igonuts

Igonuts Member

Old fart. Old school. As of Oct 11, when i received her, have dated, proposed, married, still on honeymoon w my new '21 '61 RI Gibson Standard. Back in the saddle. Self taught since buying my first guit in '68 at 13. Had a std back in '70. Sold. Went through tellies, strats, epies, and a 20th anniversary LP. All gone. As finances allowed, around 2000 and only DAV pension, been buying, selling gibson copies trying to achieve the LP bar. This SG is prolly the closest I'll get to it b4 i go. Med issues. Strangely, through all lifes ups and downs, still have my first guitar. Bought in '68. A 67 Lyle acoustic steel string.
    Now i have all this stuff too. Boss 100, mustang micro amp w AKG head phones, surface pro 3, Samsung tab A, mustang LT25 and GTX 100.
    Lots of questions.
    From the little bit I've read hear, y'all seem like good knowledgeable ppl. Didn't see any trolls. Looking forward to a home away from home as where i live is an hour from anything. No like-minded folk. Cyotes and deer is all i have for neighbors.
    Ty.

2. SG Firebird

SG Firebird New Member

Welcome to ESG! I wish my only neighbors were deer and cyotes. Sounds like a familiar story with older guitar players, "I wish I still had that guitar I had way back when", for me, the one I want back is a 1964 Gibson Firebird I that was stolen from me when I was in my mid 20's.

3. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Well-Known Member

Welcome. :cheers: Most of my neighbors are of the 4 legged wild variety as well. I don't have my first guitar, but that is no loss as it wasn't a "real" guitar, but somewhere between a toy and a "starter" instrument. I did manage to keep everything I have bought since 1985 though, and that is a good thing. I doubt I could afford to replace my collection today if I had sold it piecemeal over the years. It's a bit of a motley crew that covers a wide range of musical interests, but I love them all equally. A few items have even accidentally become fairly sought after in the modern market. I just bought the best I could afford that met my needs of the day.

SG Firebird likes this.
  4. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Welcome, and congrats on a beautiful guitar. In a sense, it is that Les Paul you desire, or at least her naughtier sister ;)

This is a great site with a lot of knowledge. Not too much drama and little for trolls. Some hang out here more than others, I guess I probably put myself in the first camp. If your active and post, or read lots threads, you will see who the regulars are in short order.

I hope you continue to bond with the SG. For me, I wouldn’t trade any of my SG’s for a Lester. But that’s just me!

Igonuts likes this.
  5. Igonuts

Igonuts Member

Truth be told, even when i had the 20th aniv LP, i dreamed of an sg custom. Sassy. Having the funds (not), dreaminb bout a V or ultimately neck thru was there too.
    And yeppers. Been reading. Posted a Q. Lots of valuable education. Ty