Cheers from Finland

the-Antero

Reaction score
Hi there and cheers

I'm new here. So here's something about me. I started playing guitar back in -95. My first guitar was Epiphone G400. After that I've had couple of ESP's, Ibanez, Fender, Ran etc. So about two years ago I got some serious GAS for Gibson SG's. So I got one in february 2012 (2010 black). Since that I've only played that beast. I had another GAS for SG's right away :laugh2: so I got my second SG (Hertage Cherry 2006) on july 2013.

And here I am

I play guitar in my band Cpt. Kronos. It's stonery, doomy, bluesy rock.
You can check it out from here Cpt. Kronos

So, there's somthing about me.

Cheers

Antero

Tobacco Worm

Reaction score
Howdy Antero,

We're always glad to welcome another SG player here to be sure. And no doubt you'll find it quite nice here as well. So dig in and have some fun with the rest of us here as we cover just about everything with this forum. We even sometimes talk about SG's too!:laugh2:

Wade

Biddlin

Reaction score
Hey Antero, Welcome. We have a saying here,"Pics, or it didn't happen." so when you have the opportunity, we'd love to see your gear .
Biddlin ;>)/
biddlin-albums-98-workhorse-picture1208t-p1010112.jpg

Heket

Reaction score
Can you check em out from that link? :)

Sure can :)

Welcome! We really like SGs here. Who would have thought? That's a beautiful pair you have there! What are the pickups in the black one?

Fantastic amps too, you'll find some Orange fans on the board. I myself will soon be getting a littler Micro Terror :)

A RAT too? Well, you sure are going to be popular around here! :dude:

the-Antero

Reaction score
Sure can :)

Welcome! We really like SGs here. Who would have thought? That's a beautiful pair you have there! What are the pickups in the black one?

Fantastic amps too, you'll find some Orange fans on the board. I myself will soon be getting a littler Micro Terror :)

A RAT too? Well, you sure are going to be popular around here! :dude:

Black one got pair of BKP War Pigs. Those are really amazing! Super high output.

Micro Terror is awesome, thats the little one I got in one pic there. It sounds awesome through 4x12 cab. That Rat is also fun with Keeley mods. It got 3 way switch to choose some awesome modes.

I playd today that red SG with Micro Terror and Fuzz Factory. Damn that combination ROCKS!

Biddlin

Reaction score
Beauties, thanks for the photos.
Biddlin :>)/

Heket

Reaction score
Black one got pair of BKP War Pigs. Those are really amazing! Super high output.

War pigs, cool! At one time I was noseying around the BKP website and investigating what pickups people think go best in an SG. Most said Aftermath and Nailbomb I think but when it comes to name dropping pickups I see the War Pigs get more references in general. I currently have a Seymour Duncan Custom which is fairly high on the output side, but could go for a little more in the future.

I've also been thinking about exploring fuzz pedals. Don't know much about them really, nor what they are for but a couple of people here use fuzzes with small amps like the Micro Terror and it's got me curious.

the-Antero

Reaction score
Good luck with fuzzes :D

I've been exploring them now for two years. First one I got was MXR Blue Box which is awesome suboctave fuzz and I still got it. But off course I wanted more. So know I've owned a bunch of different fuzz pedals like Big Muff (twice), Big Muff Germanium4, Zvex, Mastotron, Malekko Omnicron Fuzz, DeviEver Disaster Fuzz, Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz and something that I cant even remeber :D ha, I got last week Fat Fuzz Factory and normal Fuzz Factory and they are friggin awesome. But they are not meaby good for a first fuzz pedal.

Krosis

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm listening to a sound clip of your band, good stuff!

oldrockfan

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! Very cool to see a member from Finland... my ancestors on my fathers side came to the US from Finland about 100 years ago.

Krosis

Reaction score
War pigs, cool! At one time I was noseying around the BKP website and investigating what pickups people think go best in an SG. Most said Aftermath and Nailbomb I think but when it comes to name dropping pickups I see the War Pigs get more references in general. I currently have a Seymour Duncan Custom which is fairly high on the output side, but could go for a little more in the future.

I've also been thinking about exploring fuzz pedals. Don't know much about them really, nor what they are for but a couple of people here use fuzzes with small amps like the Micro Terror and it's got me curious.

I recommend the Swollen Pickle Fuzz. Speaking of, I just wrote about using it with my MT in the amps section. You might find it interesting.

the-Antero

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! Very cool to see a member from Finland... my ancestors on my fathers side came to the US from Finland about 100 years ago.

Hey, cool. You dont live in Minnesota Finland community :D Actually what I heard from Zachary Vex that he's mom is finnish or somthing.

Always want to visit in states. Well meaby some day

Krosis

Reaction score
Hey, cool. You dont live in Minnesota Finland community :D Actually what I heard from Zachary Vex that he's mom is finnish or somthing.

Always want to visit in states. Well meaby some day

Well, if you ever visit NYC, I'll buy you a beer! In fact, that goes for any of the board members.

Brooklyn actually has a couple of really cool metal bars. Duff's and Saint Vitus. Saint Vitus also has a stage and books lots of great shows. Your band would probably get a good reaction here!

the-Antero

Reaction score
Well, if you ever visit NYC, I'll buy you a beer! In fact, that goes for any of the board members.

Brooklyn actually has a couple of really cool metal bars. Duff's and Saint Vitus. Saint Vitus also has a stage and books lots of great shows. Your band would probably get a good reaction here!

Saint Vitus nar sounds cool, actually Saint Vitus is one of my favorite doom bans! I saw them last year in Tuska festival and I'm still amazed Dave Chandlers guitar sound haha. It's like KABOOM!!!

Latest posts