Cleaning products

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by GeorgeGR, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Is your guitar brown?

DrBGood likes this.
  2. jbat

jbat New Member

I’ve used Virtuoso products on my Gibsons for years, to great effect. Makes the nitro finish gleam. Highly recommended.

3. Steve D

Steve D Well-Known Member

Alright then, now I do know of one that doesn't use nitro! Honestly those cheapo Sonex ones with the resin bodies probably don't either.

4. OldDog

OldDog Member

I think this must be a "guy" thing where simple things need to be needlessly complicated. I do automotive stuff and man, you want to get excitement, just post up a thread about what oil to use, or what additives you need to use. Everyone has an opinion they are willing to die for. You don't get that kind of allegiance to dogma even on the battlefield.

Keep it clean. Oil the fretboard. Change the strings.

Everything else, every product, every elixir, ointment, balm, salve, or whatever is nice. Manufacturers have marketing campaigns to encourage you to use their products. Do they work? Sure. If only in your mind. But that's good enough. In the end, you do whatever helps you sleep at night. A freshly polished and waxed gloss guitar looks a lot better than one that looks like it was handled by a five-year-old who just finished a PBJ sammich.