Customizing question

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by angusyoung, Apr 22, 2005.

1. angusyoung

angusyoung New Member

hey guys sorry im new here,but i got a few questions
    1) would it cost alot of money to put an angus signature pickup and a 57 pickup in a brand new epiphone sg G-310?
    2) what does a pickup cover do? (ex: can i put it over my angus and 57 pickup to make it gold?)
    3) finally where can i get a maestro lyre vibrola as seen on the angus signature sg and older models of sgs?

thanks alot guys and sorry for all the questions, ROCK ON!

2. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

Hey Angus, welcome to ETSG!

1.) Gibson pickups will cost between $100 and $130 a piece new, depending on where you look and if someplace happens to be having a sale at the time.

2) A pickup cover just covers a pickup, it makes it look better. Some people claim a sound difference, but I really don't believe it. And I have been playing professionaly as my only income for years now, and I play LOUD!

3.) Allparts sells a generic version of the lyre, but goo dluck finding an actual original engraved Gibson version. They are great, but very hard to find. Occasionally they come up on ebay, but they don't go cheap due to their rarity.

H2H

3. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG angusyoung! :D :D :D

4. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Angus

5. angusyoung

angusyoung New Member

thanks guys, i plan to make my custom sg and call it the WHITE KNIGHT! any other sugggestions would help, such as a link to those places you talked about for the lyre, thanks again guys