Do youthink that this is the best Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Every built?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by PaulMorningisde, May 1, 2021.

?

Do you think that this Gibson Custom Shop is the best one ever made?

This poll will close on May 22, 2021 at 3:08 PM.
  1. IT's nice, but no, I've saw better.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Original in best.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PaulMorningisde

PaulMorningisde New Member

Each to their own opinion on this one, but this is NOT a Chibson! This is a Les Paul Standard that was been worked on by one of the best know luthiers in the UK, Martin Sims

What are your views, what would have done differently? Do you like it? Do you hate it?

There are children on our YouTube channel as we are a music school, so pretty please, keep it clean :-)

I am really excited to hear your comments and what you would have done differently. Thanks for your time folks :-)

2. MR D

MR D New Member

its pretty Bad-Ass, but Ive seen/owned better looking.....That is because the one thing I do not particularly like is the design on the Fret-board (Ebony FB?), whatever that is its just not for me. I would prefer good old Mother-Of-Pearl trapezoidal or Block In-Lays and then that would be up there with some of the best looking Les Paul Customs, or Standards, I have ever seen...I really like that Silver-Burst, as its not an every day type finish and it looks so damn COOL !

3. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

I can’t tell if there is sarcasm in the OP?

Is this the best Gibson LP Custom Shop. No. No it is not....

i would absolutely grab an R8, R9, R0, a regular standard.... yeah does nothing for me. If I saw it in the corner I don’t even think I would be tempted to low ball.

what am I missing here?

4. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Reread original post and it seems your dead seriousness. I did not mean to offend with my above comment, just not for me.