Don't have one yet ?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by DrBGood, Nov 4, 2017.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

2. Bonzo21

Bonzo21 Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im broke :(

its the price of a middle of the road pedal!

3. DrBGood

Sell that middle of the road pedal then. :facepalm:

Bonzo21 likes this.
  4. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

Nice price. I'd love to try p90s cheap. To top it off, I watched Woodstock, directors cut. Carlos Santana used p90s at Woodstock. I never would have guessed.

5. joseph07081

joseph07081 Active Member

Arghh... I just sold my worn red model because I have not used it in quite awhile. I have not seen the TV Yellow models for years (what I really wanted when I bought my original). MUST... NOT... BUY... ANOTHER!!!!

6. DrBGood

I hope you didn't get to play it just because it was the wrong color ... If so, don't buy a yellow, it'll sit in the same corner looking pretty.

joseph07081 likes this.
  7. joseph07081

joseph07081 Active Member

No, that was not the case at all. It was actually the second guitar that I bought for myself and my first P90. I liked the P90 so much that I bought a Gibson 50's Tribute SG and that has been my main P90 goto ever since. Since the LP Special was redundant, I sold it and used the proceeds toward a Gilmour Black Strat tribute that I just finished.

DrBGood likes this.
  8. Chubbles

The only cavete is the wrap around bridge. Never had one. For the price, who cares.

9. DrBGood

Why is that ?

10. Chubbles

The thought of strings wraped on a chromed surface, when it's cheaper, would make me nervous about scratching and chipping. Also, I would think that a regular tuneomatuc might be able to go lower for lower action. Tuneomatics don't look as thick.

I love my Epi SG special with 2 HBs. Don't listen to me. I can't help worrying about everything. I think it's genetic. My whole family is a little nuts.

11. DrBGood

Nervous about scratching a $95.20 guitar chrome bridge ? Really ?
    Replacement are readily available. Here ... $6.88 ! Less than a pack of strings. You could replace it at every string change :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrap-Aroun...433647?hash=item25cfffbcaf:g:1dEAAOSwD2pXFfnP

First, once the string is stretched over those little ridges on the lightning wraparound, it doesn't move much, thus doesn't scratch much of anything.

Also, as lower action goes, I have never seen a lightning wraparound bridge decked. There is enough space under it to sit the strings right on the frets. And if ... if ... it couldn't be lowered enough to your taste, a shim in the neck pocket would solve that pronto.

So, no more excuses not to buy one.

Lynurd Fireburd likes this.
  12. Lynurd Fireburd

Lynurd Fireburd Active Member

If your like me & have a bunch of parts & are mechanically maniacal I'd go this route for an inexpensive set neck LP jr.

I bought 6 of em including 2 of the double bound. They're plenty worth the $14.99- $19.99 asking price (for the unbound). The fret wire was also thrown in when I bought mine.

https://ubuyguitars.com/product/axl-l-p-l-p-jr-guitar-shells/

13. NomeX

NomeX Member

I had the Black one show up for Google purchase for mid $80's... There was an issue with my address, to that kept me from ordering it. I found a Set Neck Epi G-400 for ~$140. I'd be all over this, but now I'm running out of space.