Double NGD - New Member - What did I buy 😅

Peterquelle

Reaction score
First of all Hi 🙋🏼‍♂️ My Name is Peter and I live in central europe. I‘ve been playing guitar for 10 years now. Lately I was GASing gor some SGs 😅 I went on eBay and bought two of them. Kinda crazy I know. The both arrived today. One is a 2015 SGS3, the other a 2007 61 Reissue. But I am not sure which model. The finish looks kinda like faded or worn version, but I couldn’t find anything from that year that matches the guitar.
Any ideas what I just bought?

Edit: Pic upload didnt work… will fix later on PC

skelt101

Reaction score
First of all Hi 🙋🏼‍♂️ My Name is Peter and I live in central europe. I‘ve been playing guitar for 10 years now. Lately I was GASing gor some SGs 😅 I went on eBay and bought two of them. Kinda crazy I know. The both arrived today. One is a 2015 SGS3, the other a 2007 61 Reissue. But I am not sure which model. The finish looks kinda like faded or worn version, but I couldn’t find anything from that year that matches the guitar.
Any ideas what I just bought?

Edit: Pic upload didnt work… will fix later on PC
Congrats on the SGs! Judging from your description, it sounds like the 2007 61 Reissue could be a Guitar of the Week #35:
GOTW35

Peterquelle

Reaction score
Hi, the font on the Headstock is regular "Mother of Pearl" or whatever that is supposed to be, not amber...

Edit: I guess its a Satin Antique Walnut 2007

Attachments

• SG612.jpg
    SG612.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SG61.jpg
    SG61.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

ChubbyFingers

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Now post up some pictures!

FWIW my 2015 Standard is the Les Paul 100th one, Les Paul Signature and a Les Paul.hologram sticker on the back of the headstock, under the lacquer.

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
Hi, the font on the Headstock is regular "Mother of Pearl" or whatever that is supposed to be, not amber...

Edit: I guess its a Satin Antique Walnut 2007
Yes. Looks like a faded 61 reissue. The 2007 Guitar of the week series only made 400 of each edition.

Good find and get ready to enjoy what I consider to be one of Gibson's best necks.

Last edited:

papagayo

Reaction score
Welcome !
Nice SG '61 RI satin finish,is the other SG3 like this one?

Temp 47996.JPG