edit button disappeared

Dave_Death

Reaction score
Is there a time limit on editing posts?

I ask because a post with photos of one of my guitars clearly shows the serial number and a friend suggested that I delete that particular photo for security reasons; but now when I go back the option to edit that post has disappeared. More recent posts still allow me to edit.

Help!

Alex_SG

Reaction score
There is a time limit. I think it is around a week. You may have to pm an admin or mod and ask them to either edit it for you, or I'm sure there is some way that they can reactivate the edit button for that particular post.

Alex_SG

Reaction score
I have edited posts even after a few days, so I don't know what's happen. Maybe something to do with how long you have been a member or something like that??? Now you have me perplexed too!
Maybe a friendly mod will clarify this for us plebs... :naughty:

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I believe it is set to 48 hours. After that, you can contact me or a moderator to do the editing for you. :yesway:

eS.G.

Reaction score
test

and edited with edit button---------so-----hhhmmmm I HAVE an edit button ya'll don't?
Cab I edit YOUR posts???? hhhhmmmm

Nope :( drat ----that woulda been fun! :)

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
test

and edited with edit button---------so-----hhhmmmm I HAVE an edit button ya'll don't?
Cab I edit YOUR posts???? hhhhmmmm

Nope :( drat ----that woulda been fun! :)

I posted something today and as soon as I went to correct a flaw, the edit button was gone.

Adrian, I have the edit button in other posts, just not that particular one I needed to actually edit. Uggh

Latest posts